GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Thanks for posting. This is an encouraging sign for Harley's future. I hope the execution is as good as the idea. Its list price is $1000+ more than a Super Tenere ES, so I hope there's value there to compensate for the price difference. Like you, I look forward to a review.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I think I saw one today in Jacksonville FL. I saw the frontal profile of a wide shouldered ADV bike coming at me going the other way on a 70 mph artery but the headlight was a thin horizontal line of LEDs that confused my attempt at identification. I caught just a glimpse of the side profile and couldn’t ID it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
review here...kinda has that "kneel down" option like a city bus when it comes to a stop....Hmmmm

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Adaptive Ride Height..... that’s brilliant.

Height challenged folks can celebrate.

I don’t care for the fairing design at all or the uni-brow looking headlight. Not at all appealing to me.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I admit.. I'm quite intrigued...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Anybody else think it looks like a catfish?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Will be interesting to see how it performs, there is a lot to an adventure bike, and getting it right on the first time out of the gate is unlikely.

I also think it looks like a catfish. I've never been a fan of any of the batwings or nurse shark headlight arrangements on the Harleys.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Although, I have never been a big fan of the Harley motorcycles, (I guess I'm just not "cool" enough to want one) you have to admit, that everyyear, they come out with another serious idea for an upgrade....in both their machines as well as clothing gear.... look at Honda's upgrade's here: only one cc bigger?? smaller luggage, less comfy seat, etc.etc.... Ride a Harley (your cool/bad ass :cool:) Ride a Honda (ho hum :sleep: ) wear a Harley shirt/leathers (y) wear a Honda shirt (n) Ride in on a Harley (everyone hears you) ride in on a Honda (too quiet)

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Been hashed over quite a bit on some of the "adventure bike" sites. As a "real" adventure bike it doesn't seem to generate a lot of excitement but it may draw in some new customers considering jumping into that market that may never have any serious intention to get it off pavement anyways.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
That’s exactly the recipe of Jeep. It works for them......
True. Add Land/Range Rover and many others to the list. Didn't say it wouldn't "work" or sell, just not sure about how the serious ADV crowd will see it, but if course, that has no real bearing of how successful or profitable it may/may not be.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've deleted the original post because it was edited by the Mysterious Mod. I'm sorry I didn't know that you folks were so sensitive. Please ban me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts