GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading a thread that could be construed as HD bashing or, more properly, an HD thread... comparing an HD ride to a Goldwing. So, I've never owned a Harley but I would like to compare. Therefore...

"I'm a relative neophyte on a Harley. Is anyone (hopefully East of the Mississippi) willing to let me test ride their Harley? I make my own schedule, so I'd love to ride my Goldwing to your place and hopefully ride your Harley (if you will do me the honor).

I'll post my thoughts if you'd like. Privately, if you prefer..."

·
Registered
369 Posts
Just go to a harley dealer and take a free demo ride.

:agree:, test ride one at an HD dealer.. I had Harley's for years and no one rode mine except my son. ( He was also my only mechanic). I really don't know any HD owner that would let another person ride their bike..With the exception of their trusted HD mechanic. Beleive me, the HD owners are very selective about who rides or even touches their bikes.. IMHO, looking is about as close as you will come..

However I do wish you good luck with your quest..
Joe W.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
My local hd dealer would let you ride 10 models if you want

The polaris dealer is begging people to try a Victory, stop there as well

Make up your own opinion,

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Go rent a Harley. We rented Harley's and Goldwings before settling on a Wing.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll let anyone borrow my wing if I could ride their Harley. It's only fair.

Cool. I'll go to my local dealer and see about demo rides. Each time I've gone to my local dealer the first thing they want to do is talk money... and I continue to not understand one model from the next.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts