GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a Nolen Flip helmet for my wife and she didn't like it compared to her full face helmet. Said it was the correct size but too heavy. Now just found out HDL won't allow me to return it even though it hasn't been used and is completely new unused in the box with all original packing. What kind of return policy is that? Guess once they got your money they won't give it back even though I've been ordering from them for four years.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I think I better put some coffee on for this one. :wink:

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Haven't read Hal's policy on helmets, but there are lots of helmet places on the net that say you try it on it is yours. There are some that will let you return if not happy. Have you tryed a phone call? :?

·
Registered
317 Posts
From the HDL website under "Company"

Non-Warranty Returns:
Merchandise may not be returned to Honda Direct Line & Direct Line Parts unless purchased directly from Honda Direct Line & Direct Line Parts. Request to return product must be arranged within 15 days of the invoice date and are responsible for freight charges from original shipment of the order. Once an RMA has been issued product must be received by Honda Direct Line & Direct Line Parts within 15 days. Helmets, clothing, apparel and all sized items can only be returned for exchange for correct size. Sorry, these items are not refundable. No credits will be issued.

Seems pretty clear, if in doubt ask before purchase.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
five bucks says he didnt contact HDL before writing this.

·
Registered
624 Posts
How did he buy a helmet from them without contacting them? :?

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
tequilaroy said:
Not me, I'm getting a Capt & coke :beer8: this should get entertaining

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
J-mac said:
tequilaroy said:
Well, I will admit, I put a little Anisette in my coffee. Sometimes a lotta Anisette. :wink:

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
From Honda Direct Line's Home Page:

You did read this before you ordered, right?

Non-Warranty Returns:
Merchandise may not be returned to Honda Direct Line & Direct Line Parts unless purchased directly from Honda Direct Line & Direct Line Parts. Request to return product must be arranged within 15 days of the invoice date and are responsible for freight charges from original shipment of the order. Once an RMA has been issued product must be received by Honda Direct Line & Direct Line Parts within 15 days. Helmets, clothing, apparel and all sized items can only be returned for exchange for correct size. Sorry, these items are not refundable. No credits will be issued. Electrical items can not be returned. All electrical items must be returned to the manufacturer for repair or replacement. On O.E.M. parts ordered through hondaonlineparts.com there will be a 20% restocking fee on all returns or canceled orders. Installed parts are not returnable, except for warranty issues as stated above. RETURNS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT PREAUTHORIZATION FROM Honda Direct Line & Direct Line Parts. You must contact Honda Direct Line & Direct Line Parts for a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA). The RMA Number must be clearly written on the outside of the package and on the invoice on the inside of the box. Packages without the RMA on the outside of the package will be refused. Customer is responsible for damages in return package shipping due to inadequate packaging. Shipments will not be accepted freight collect. Honda Direct Line & Direct Line Parts is not responsible for freight charges on returns. Honda Direct Line & Direct Line Parts DOES NOT ISSUE RETURN TAGS or CALL TAGS. For your protection packages should be shipped with a tracking number so receipt by Honda Direct Line & Direct Line Parts can be verified. Due to the nature of electronic and electrical parts there will be no returns.
It is the buyer's responsibility to be aware of any online companies return policies. I personally have never had a problem with HDL. I read their policies prior to any orders made as I do with any online purchase. If I have not read a company's policies, then that is my fault.

The policy is not hidden and I predict you will have just a few that agree with you.

I have found Hal to be a fair and straightforward businessman who has put policies in place to protect him from those that may be less than honorable. Unfortunately, it affects all of us that are not are.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
tequilaroy said:
J-mac said:
tequilaroy said:
Well, I will admit, I put a little Anisette in my coffee. Sometimes a lotta Anisette. :wink:
BUSTED :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
UUUM I wonder if it would have been a little easier to just give Hal a call than to make me and Roy start drinking :lol: :lol: :lol: :beer3:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
J-mac said:
UUUM I wonder if it would have been a little easier to just give Hal a call than to make me and Roy start drinking :lol: :lol: :lol: :beer3:
Oh Oh! J-mac is thinkin' again. You keep puttin' notions like that in peoples heads...and you're gonna get mighty dry lookin' for an excuse. :lol:
Or you'll have to at least lower your standards, and it's hard to find quality these days.
What this country needs is a higher standard for drinking excuses.
I'll drink that. :lol:
DC

·
Registered
732 Posts
Les.....If you can't return it, put it on the Classified board. Better than just eating the whole cost. Someone out there might want a good helmet at a reduced price....a deal for them and you get some of your money back.
Good luck.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Les,
I'm sure this is a policy that was instituted for hygenic reasons. I happen to agree with it and understand why they as a retailer have to do this. Some don't mind second hand personal wear type items, I for one would. Like someone mentioned above, put it in the classified for sale forum maybe you can recoup most of your expense. Terry

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
tequilaroy said:
J-mac said:
tequilaroy said:
Roy, Did you mispell antisthetic? Now why would you want that in your coffee :?: :?: :wink: :wink:

Ross

P.S. I just did this so I would not miss anything on this one :!: :lol: :lol:

Oh yeah, I just opened a Bud.. A real mans beer :!: :!:

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
J-mac said:
People are starting to wonder about how easy it is to get you thrown into bars and start drinking. :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
ANY business is dictated by the manufacturers return policy.

Any business that is a reseller from distribution doesn't make the return policy but they have to adhere to it if they want to stay in business. If a company had to accept back every return and eat the cost of each piece of merchandise, they would not be in business very long.

Some will say buyer beware - I think it is more like buyer be AWARE of the policy and conditions of buying anything.

Just because you didn't get your way doesn't mean that Hal is out to shaft everybody.

I had a client yesterday ask if we make a profit on selling printers (DUH!), of course we do! We have to pay for the printer, shipping, time ordering, time receiving, phone (or internet) to order, AND we would like a little left over for reinvesting in our business. AND this question came from a business owner!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
les said:
Ordered a Nolen Flip helmet for my wife and she didn't like it compared to her full face helmet. Said it was the correct size but too heavy. Now just found out HDL won't allow me to return it even though it hasn't been used and is completely new unused in the box with all original packing. What kind of return policy is that? Guess once they got your money they won't give it back even though I've been ordering from them for four years.
It could be

1) State law.

2) Liability concerns - if you drop a helmet, ....

3) Manufacturer policy.

4) Vendor policy.

5) Any combination of above.

I have learned over the years to only buy clothing or helmets over the Internet AFTER I know what fits me.

I have ordered more motorcycle clothing that I have NEVER worn because it didn't fit or I just didn't like it. Now I just go to my local dealer that has a product I want and try it / buy it there.

Best Regards,

Shane

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Like Shane said,

I always find somewhere that I can size the helmet. There have even been times I have been looking at helmets and discusused price. The brick and mortar came prety close to the online price so I was able to walk out with it that day..... Just a thought.

Also I know I wouldn't want to buy a new helmet only to find hair in it.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts