GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jumped on the bike early Thursday morning, and ran down to Gulf Port Mississippi to welcome my son back to America after his last deployment in the big sandbox........He got back on base about midnight last night after ten months overseas........he still has a few months of service, but wont be going out of the country again.............Sure am glad to have him back on this side of the pond.

So, back to his apartment at 0100, out this morning by 8 headed to the BMV to get plates on his motorcycle so we can go for a ride before I head back to Indiana

While its not what he is riding now, when he was 17 he bought a 1981 Goldwing that he and I rode side by side everywhere until he went in the Navy. He had me sell it a few years ago, now he rides a dual sport.......

Thanks to all of you who kept him in your prayers...
Sonny

·
Registered
618 Posts
Congrats on the return of your boy....:congrats:

Thank your son for his service....it is appreciated and respected:superman1:

Ride careful, enjoy our time together, be safe

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Tell him WELCOME HOME from all of us and THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!
:congrats::congrats:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Congrats on the return of your boy....:congrats:

Thank your son for his service....it is appreciated and respected:superman1:

Ride careful, enjoy our time together, be safe
What he said! Glad he's safe in the US.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Ya'll are lucky to have each other and hope there is more of the side by side riding in store for you both. That's good "man" stuff to do together and closes the gap in the age differences.

I'm right up the road from Gulfport so if I can do anything to help or make things easier for you both, just let me know...seriously. Please tell your son that we appreciate what he has done and what he will be doing for the rest of us.

I know you will sleep easier at night and I'm sure he'll get some comfort out of that as well.

Z

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Tell him welcome home from me, and thank you.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
:thumbup:Very happy for you and your Son. Will he be residing in the Hoosier state as well or elsewhere? Hope so.....then you will always have your best riding buddy close by.

Dan

·
Registered
205 Posts
What a wonderful homecoming for your son, and you! That acorn didn't fall far from a giant oak. Thank you and your son.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
We are glad to hear he is back safe. Tell him thanks for his service for us, if you would.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Tell your son WELCOME HOME.
And Thank You for serving my country

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Welcome Home and a BIG Thank You for your service.:flg:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
That's great Sonny! :congrats:

·
Registered
911 Posts
Glad to hear he's home safe...enjoy your time together when you can....

Scott (still using the floorboard risers....thanks again)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts