GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a guy crossing the intersection to the left of the video...

Click on the picture...

·
Registered
19,057 Posts
Happened fast. Looks like the PT Cruiser ran a light and failed to yeild to oncoming traffic as he cut in front of it

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
been on the net for years

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I'm not sure, but if the pedestrian is walking with the light, the pt wasn't at fault, but the car coming from the left. The car waiting to make a left turn is waiting for oncoming traffic to clear before making a turn. I can't see the light to see what color it is.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Don't know bout ya'll but them videos give me the willies. I mean that guy was just walking along minding his on business. :shock:

G

·
0 Posts
BTW, the pedestrian full recovered despite being declared dead at the scene.

·
Registered
601 Posts
The vehicle that rolled and hit the guy came from the right.
Since the cars across were actually stopping, the PT may be the one that ran the light.
The PT was hit by him and spun around.
The car that was stopped (heading same direction as the PT.) was in a turn lane.

Hard to say who was at fault, I am guessing the pedestrian ...
If the PT ran a light, then he walked it...

Ride ... and Walk Safely

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
ziggystyles said:
been on the net for years
..... as have many of us.....

My bet is that the SUV is at fault - not the driver of the SUV, but the SUV. Those things are evil, I tell ya; they have minds of their own, and they are always the cause of every problem and issue on the planet. :wink:

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Tony in AZ said:
old video.

I also read that the pedestrian survived the accident
Yep, the PT made a large dent in the left side of the SUV... and it was that large dent that saved the pedestrian.

If you look carefully, it is the dented left side of the SUV that slides over him! Otherwise, he would surely have been killed.
:shock:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts