GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to ride from Gatlinburg to Maggie Valley tonight after dark. This was the first time I have actually ridden my DCT any amount of miles in total darkness on crooked mountain roads. It seems to me the lights don't project as well as the 04 1800 I had. I will tell you that I had replaced both high and low beams on the 04 with pathfinder LED's. This may just be my imagination. Any comments or issues with other 18 -19 Wings out there?

·
IronMan
17,639 Posts
Isnt there an adjustment on newer wing ? Raise them up . I have aftermarket market leds in my 2014 and would be surprised if oem's on new wing were as bright

Reactions: RickLB

·
Registered
410 Posts
I think the headlights on mine are aimed way too high. When on high beam they project way too far down the road. I believe lowering them will help with night vision. Been meaning to do this and headed to garage right now while thinking about it. Page 167 of owner's manual.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
mine were way too low. i raised them 2 full turns(the two gray knobs) and it made a huge difference. adaptive lighting wouldve been nice on this bike and its one of the things missing from this high end bike that i think belongs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts