GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to have rider to passenger intercom,,03 yellow,,am i correct that all i need to do is buy a pair of headsets and stick em in my helmets,,plug into the 1800 cords and im done ? no other components needed ?? do i need them connected to each helmet with a cord ? or just plug and play...thanks

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
We have & like the J&M headsets. They're not the cheapest, but overall sound is pretty good. Yes, to your question. Get two headsets, put them in your helmets, & plug them in to the existing cord plugs. When ordering, make sure to let the vendor know what model you have.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
YUP...just plug em in and off you go....you may want to get a mic mute or mic kill switch if you use open face helmets....My SO has an open face and the mic picks up all the wind and traffic noise...so I installed a mic kill switch...she turns off her mic when not needed....just the push of a button and it is back on.....very simple and easy to use....I also use J&M,,,pretty darn happy with them so far too.....and if you ever have a problem,,they take care of you,,,they are a great bunch of people........

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hubby and I have Ed Sets.... great sound and easy install...

Melissa

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Oldbiker.....yes that is ssentially correct....however the "sticking them in the helmets" part may take some doing, depending n the helmet.

Once installed on th ehelmet, yu plug in and off you go.

We have the J&M Elite 477 headsets....the wife and I realy like them, great sound quaity....only problem is I can clearly hear the wife through the head sets....don't tell her I said that.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
oldbiker39 said:
i want to have rider to passenger intercom,,03 yellow,,am i correct that all i need to do is buy a pair of headsets and stick em in my helmets,,plug into the 1800 cords and im done ? no other components needed ?? do i need them connected to each helmet with a cord ? or just plug and play...thanks
You may also want to consider adding Mic Mutes available from Bill Morphy a member of the board. Go to this link and take a look
http://mic-mutes.com/
There have been many many positive reports here previously about how well the product works and how much is added to riding enjoyment by eliminating the background wind noise.
If you have any questions, give Bill a call. I'm sure he will be very helpful. Mic Mutes are an easy plug and play addition.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts