GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a another head set you can get than J&M that will work on a Goldwing? On second set of J&M and the mike quit working again!!!!

·
Registered
518 Posts
I've had excellent luck with IMC. I can't tell you how they compare to J&M as IMC are the only headsets we've used for the last 5 years. Only thing is, they are quite a bit less expensive than others so I'm sure some will say that they are not as good as other brands (without having used them). Wife and I are quite happy with the IMC. :surprise:

·
Vendor
218 Posts
Try cleaning the two pin black plug on the microphone with a Q-tip and some rubbing alcohol. This will fix the problem the majority of the time. If it gets even the slightest bit of oxidation or corrosion, the microphone will stop working. You can help delay how often you have to do this by applying a very minimal amount of dielectric grease to the connection after cleaning.

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,943 Posts
Is there a another head set you can get than J&M that will work on a Goldwing? On second set of J&M and the mike quit working again!!!!
I use the IMC HEADSETS from SIERRA ELECTRONICS. If a part quits working like the mic you can just replace it without buying the entire unit again. They are great to work with and they are a sponsoring vendor of this website.

https://www.sierra-mc.com/categories.asp?cat=415

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
The last wired headset I used was Edsets, and back then it had better sound than the JM it replaced. I am sure both have better sound now. Not that you asked, but I really do like my Sena bluetooth sets. No broken cord issues!

·
Registered
21,020 Posts
I’ve have owned Chatterbox, J&M and IMC, they all worked but in my case the IMC have seemed to work the best and they cost less so I highly recommend them. Bought my IMC from Sierra Electronics which in my opinion is a great place to do business with.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,528 Posts
I had the Ed Sets when I was using a corded setup and used them for years. I thought they sounded good and I liked how you could buy individual parts if needed. I never had another problem with the connection part of the headsets that the lower cord plugged into after Ed Sets upgraded to a higher spec wire years ago....and they replaced and upgraded all the customers old connection part of the headset under warranty even if the old part didn't fail yet, which I thought was very generous of Ed Sets at the time.

·
Administrator
4,572 Posts
Try cleaning the two pin black plug on the microphone with a Q-tip and some rubbing alcohol. This will fix the problem the majority of the time. If it gets even the slightest bit of oxidation or corrosion, the microphone will stop working. You can help delay how often you have to do this by applying a very minimal amount of dielectric grease to the connection after cleaning.
Impressive that a sponsoring vendor comes on here with advise as to how to fix something instead of "we sell these...." Impressive indeed!

·
Registered
969 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Impressive that a sponsoring vendor comes on here with advise as to how to fix something instead of "we sell these...." Impressive indeed!
Impressive indeed but not surprising to me.:thumbup:

Reactions: Sierra-mc

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

I am an IMC user and I an tell you the headset volume and quality is MUCH better than my old HD headsets. And IMC prices them right too!:wink2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts