GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Ya'll. NooB to goldwings and the board. Been riding for over 20 years. Always heard either you have a gold wing or you are trying to get one. LOL...

Anyway. Wifey and I are wanting to get a set of head sets that can also utilize the music on our 08 GW in addition to the driver/passenger communications. I went to the honda dealer and honestly they were useless in knowing much about their products. I have perused several online GW accessory sites but can't seem to understand what I need/want in their description. Wifey uses a 3/4 helmet, I use 1/2. Does this present a problem (1/2 helmet)? What key words should I look for when shopping for head sets?

What do you use and are you happy with the wind noise etc?

Thanks for you .02

Terry

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
First, welcome to the party Terry and congrats on the new scoot!

The whole headset thing is very easy. Get the helmet with the headsets installed (or install them yourself) and plug them in.

To listen to the music in the headsets, tune to a station on AM/FM and then push that button till you see a headset symbol display on your MFD (Multi Function Display). Adjust the volume to a level you like and enjoy!

To talk on the intercom, press the intercom button and talk. Adjust the settings by pressing the Volume Button and go to the different menus to make your adjustments.

All of the above information is in your owners manual which you'll usually find in one of the saddlebags. ;)

Now for the helmet issue. I now wear a flip-front full face helmet just because I think it's safer.

As far as the headsets, the Hondaline headsets are made by J&M. Since you wear a 1/2 helmet, I'm not going to point you to EdSets. Go to the J&M webaite and I bet you will find all the answers you need. You can choose from Full Fae, 3/4 and 1/2 helmets styles and choose the headsets you want.

http://www.jmcorp.com/

Good luck and if you need more help, let me know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts