GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6 of us are headed out Saturday morning from southern Oregon headed down to Angels Camp. Going to spend a couple days there doing day trips then find some route back home. Maybe over to the coast and up,, not sure until it happens.
I rode through Jamestown a few years back but didn't hand around. Looking forward to the Willie Nelson concert in Murphies (spelling) Sunday night maybe.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Have a great time!
We were riding NE of there a couple days ago, on Hwy 89 from 395 to 50. When we got to the junction of 89 & 4, a sign said that a left turn would take us to 24% grade!
Our route turned right at that point, but I'm already thinking about going back for the experience! Those Sierra Passes are awesome.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info,,, I know for a fact that the Columbia State Park is in the plans,, and I printed out the other info and map.
I would hope to leave NO ROAD un traveled in that area before we leave :thumbup:
3 hours to departure !!! I'm ready!!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
one thing I need to tell you is that there is a very small stretch toward the end of that map that has some really bad tar snakes. Not really a problem, but you don't want to play Johnny racer where they are at. It is not a very long stretch or anything to worry about. Oh and you may run across a couple of range cows. Deer are pretty abundant in all the areas you will be riding in around the area you are going to. It's been hot enough that they will be bedded down for the most part during the day and more active at night, but keep a watchful eye for them.
If you get to ride the mapped road post back what you think of it. Its a need to ride road.

I am afraid you will have to leave some roads untouched. There are just to many great roads up there to ride in just a few days.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had a great ride down,, 89 was a real scenic joy,,88 was grate and 4 had me wanting more!!!
We liked it so much that I am planning a ride down with my wife in early Sept.
Plan to spend the entire time down there instead of only a couple days and moving on.
Thanks for all the info.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Good to hear you had a safe and fun trip:thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts