GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I did it, made my motel reservation for next week at the Blues, Bikes & BBQ festival in Arkansas. I have hear it has gotten bigger every year.

Please- some of you festival veterans give me some advise on exactly where to go and what to see. I don't want to miss anything especially the BBQ !! I will be driving down from Rogers Ark. but don't know where to exit off the highway, where to start out, where to park, where to avoid, etc.

Hope to see a lot of you there !!

Thanks sgtbush207

·
Registered
56 Posts
We go down every year and do the demos and the venders on Fridays at the Tison Track. Then on Saturdays hang out on dickson street we take our lawn chairs and sit on the east end of the street and watch the bikes. N place to sit and relax we found that out the 1st few years. as for parking you can park on Dickson street it is ez if your riding alone. The bbq is across from Tison track we don't do much of the bbq part. As for getting to Dickson street just get off on business 71 and you will run into Dickson street. Nothing to avoid you will want to ride up dickson street at least once. If you want to park and walk dickson stree just to to the west end and take a right at the top of the hill go about 1/1 a block and look to the right there is an old concrete pad I have always parked on the pad and never had any problems. then when I come back to my bike others have always joined. if you park on the east end the first road the goes south I have always found a empty place to park there is plenty of parking thats free and there are a lot of parking lots that the college kids are trying to make money for parking.
We are going down from the branson area and camping out at a corps park on Beaver Lake
Not much in vendors unless you want to buy a t-shirt

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
There is NO good place to avoid the mess of traffic, 400K + folks do tend to get in your way.

About the best dodge I can offer is go east of Rogers AR, then south, and come into Fayetteville from the east. Most of the traffic will be on I-540, and west of Fayetteville.

Park where ever you can, there are lots of shuttle busses, the event is spread all over, so there is not a single best parking plan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts