GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To get rid of my PMS earlier than normal, I'm going south in March to briefly explore part of the country I've seen very little of, the CA to FL area. IF, that is, I can get out of ND on two wheels!

My general route sequence plan is: ND, TX, Key West, Jacksonville, San Diego, ND.

I'd like to ride some interesting routes along that general path, especially in the southern states, that are interesting and suitable for that time of year.

Any help is appreciated.

Ride safe!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Arkansas has some beutiful country.Rivals east Tenn and western NC.I was pleasantly surprised on my trip to Eureka springs last year.I live in Alabama and sad to say it's not a scenic state.Been to Key West numerous times,so PM me if you go there and I'll give you the scoop on that town.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Southern MO, western AR, southeast OK, are pretty good all depends how much time you have. Was at Minot (July, Aug and winter) in the 60's. Let me know if you're coming tis way and I'll get you some more info.

·
Banned
1,633 Posts
Gizmo,

Several great posts on this forum earlier re: the Southwest and Arizona in particular. Weather in March is generally cool but not cold unless you are at altitude.

If you have specific questions feel free to PM me.

G

·
If your interested in the coast of Florida, A1A from Fernandina Beach (most northeast Island town in the state). South to St. Augustine is a nice ride. Includes crossing a ferry nad some nice road. If you get the Fernandina way let me know maybe we can do lunch or something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts