GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
IronMan
17,672 Posts
From east of cleveland long as not in big city ohio has some beautiful country roads enjoy your trip

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you are in the area you would want to check out Hocking Hills State Park area, I would consider it tops on the places to ride in Ohio.
It is Southeast of Columbus, OH and is near Wayne National Forest also.
Welcome to the Buckeye State!!

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
You might want to head down I-75 to Dayton, Ohio and visit the Wright Patterson AFB Museum. I saw what a real hydrogen and atomic bomb looked like on display. SR-71 Blackbird, B-36, and lots more.

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ohio ideas

We always enjoy the Amish country of eastern Ohio. East Northeast of Columbus in the Berlin and Walnut Creek area. If you go to this area I highly recommend staying at the Carlyle Inn in Walnut Creek - also the Das Dutchman is good eating!

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
We always enjoy the Amish country of eastern Ohio. East Northeast of Columbus in the Berlin and Walnut Creek area. If you go to this area I highly recommend staying at the Carlyle Inn in Walnut Creek - also the Das Dutchman is good eating!
:agree: We like Berlin Hotel and Suites during the week -

then laid back riding through Amish country.

We like to stop here...

and here...

Nice laid back riding for sure!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Most anywhere in East Central and Southeastern Ohio can be a fun ride. If you are looking for specific types of places to see I can recommend some if you like. Hope you have a great time.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
You might want to head down I-75 to Dayton, Ohio and visit the Wright Patterson AFB Museum. I saw what a real hydrogen and atomic bomb looked like on display. SR-71 Blackbird, B-36, and lots more.

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/

Been there twice! There is so much to see, you'll get tired of looking at airplanes.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Was in the Wayne National Forest on my GS last weekend. Southern Ohio is still beautiful. Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I'll second Berlin, Ohio and the surrounding area.
We had our Friends On Wheels Rally" there in 2009.
Great Amish country and they are very interesting.
We had a Amish couple tour us around to many spots.
All of which are within 4 miles of the city.
Even had dinner one night for our group of 40 at a amish farm.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
If you like covered bridges head to Ashtabula County. They have many, including the largest in the country. Enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Zanesville south on 555 to Hocking Hills. 3 weeks ago it had a detour but it was still a good ride.
Old Fred

1 - 13 of 13 Posts