GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, not that new peg. One of our own. We'll be set up at the New Smyrna Beach airport...if I can find it. :? Stop by and see us there. We may have a new model available. [I'm using it already...and in a heavy spring version;) ]

·
Registered
578 Posts
DD,
Looking forward to seeing you @ New Smyrna. I would like to try a setup other than the DD's that I am presently using. I will be in the Daytona area Monday thru Thursday...Ed

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DD,
Looking forward to seeing you @ New Smyrna. I would like to try a setup other than the DD's that I am presently using. I will be in the Daytona area Monday thru Thursday...Ed
Look forward to meeting you, Ed. I think we'll have something that'll work.

I wish I had your job DD when you can ride around for work all the time....
I wish this was my job instead of a [hopefully] break-even hobby. But break-even is great if it pays for some riding.:thumbup:

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hey Dan,

The new peg looks very similar to my GQ's.
What's the diff?

Thanks!

Lance

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dan u going to be at cats cade????
I hope so, but Jim is planning to for sure.

Hey Dan,

The new peg looks very similar to my GQ's.
What's the diff?

Thanks!

Lance
It's two to three inches longer. [I haven't measured it yet.] It uses the block and an E.5 leg. So it comes back further and lower, plus you don't have to spread your legs around the fairing. You could change yours to this model by purchasing the E.5 legs. We should have the legs sometime in April. We don't want to break up existing sets, so we're having them made now.

·
Registered
906 Posts
wow dan how much for the legs??? as i allready the mentioned set and love them!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hey Dan,
;)
The vendor area, The Goldwing Getaway, you are looking for is very easy to find. Just ride south on US 1 toward New Smyrna and it will be on the west side of the road. It is well marked with signs and a bright orange fence surrounding the tree shaded property in front of the airport. You can't miss it.
:thumbup:
See you there.
:lol:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Dan, I thought I had finally had my model picked out for a future purchase, now I have another option to check out (too many choices). I can't wait to get my MOP's, the new one looks like a possibility for me.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Dan, they also look a lot like the MOP I had on my 1500 with boards. Dealer said I can keep them so I put them on the 08. Just wish they where made with 1 leg longer than the other so legs would be at the same place.
I got them at Honda Hoot in '04', I think they where one of the first models made, Jim only had a few at that time. Was glade dealer said he would take off 1500 & to pick them up to put on the 1800.
Mine don't go up as hi more straight back & go lower so I had to put them up as high as possible so knee's had a bend.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts