GL1800Riders Forums banner

I would prefer:

• Going to the GWRRA event in Montana

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am not going to Montana but would like something in the east.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the GWRRA event is so far west this year (Montana) would anyone be up for a smaller get together in the east?

Any vendors interested?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hal don't be a wimp, so far West you say sheesh don't you think it's about time !! Man us Westerners are ALWAYS coming East for events, maybe it's time you Easterners did the same :lol:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did Sturgis the last two years. I did 6,000 miles on the trip last year.

Montana is perfect for all the west coasters this year.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
STURGIS !! :22yikes: isn't that mostly for them other type bikes.. :eek:4:

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Could not vote on this one as I won't be going to Billings and the only event that I can do in the east is Cats-Cade! I'm not a big rally guy anyway -- just like hanging and riding.

Come on Hal -- Montrose for Rockies-Gold. You have not yet ridden the great roads in Colorado!!!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Strider said:
STURGIS !! :22yikes: isn't that mostly for them other type bikes.. :eek:4:
I saw a lot of all types of bikes there including a lot of Gold Wingers who love to ride.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Come on out here in the WEST Hal, . . . . . . . where you can go really fast!

Watch how all those accessories I bought from you look at high speed and without "Traffic". We would like to see you out here! :D

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Snazzy Nazzy Biker said:
Come on out here in the WEST Hal, . . . . . . . where you can go really fast!

Watch how all those accessories I bought from you look at high speed and without "Traffic". We would like to see you out here! :D
I would love to see myself out there too. Plan on doing Alaska someday and will have to do the Washington thing at the same time.

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
Since the GWRRA event is so far west this year (Montana) would anyone be up for a smaller get together in the east?

Any vendors interested?
Yes, I could be talked into something in the East. Start talking!

·
Registered
303 Posts
We are listening

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
"so far west this year" ?????

those of us out on the west coast always ask why are there not more events out west.

what about Denver, Vegas, Reno, Salt Lake City, Spokane, Seattle, Portland etc.

Billings is still over 800 miles from the west coast

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Lets see, East,, Now that sounds like Americade, CatsCade somewhat in the north east. Then you have Homecoming, and WOTS. and don't forget Bikeweek and the one I think they call Octoberfest in the fall at Daytona?? I am not sure on that one.. Isn't ther also one in New Hampshire? Oh one more I just thought of. Chillocothe, Ohio, now there is a good one. Iwing told me all about it.... :wink: :wink:

Now lets look at Indiana. Oh well, it was worth a look.. :wink: :wink: I did attend one last fall with Red Willy and steveL at Lebanon, In. It was nice.

Ross

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I'm already burning up a ton of vacation time for Tn Lunch Run/Catscade/Rockies Gold/Wots but what's one more? This bike is costing me in more ways than one but I'm loving every minute of it.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Hoot

We already have the Hoot. That's "east" and it's pretty convenient to get to from many areas. I'd like to go to Sturgis again, but it's really expensive and I might just do the Hoot again.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kikker said:
Personally I would like to see a sizable event in the South-Central United States. Don't care too much for those even that are mostly Harley's and sports bikes.
Where is the South-Central US? I always get confused with that kind of stuff. Give me a couple of states.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:

Any vendors interested?
I am curious on what event you may be thinking of?

:sparkplug:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe there is a small demand for something to do since Montana may be too far for a lot of folks to ride. Just thinking out loud.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts