GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since PODO is organizing Rockies-Gold in September and the fact that I can only be there a couple of nights, my High Country Cruisers friends and I are heading to Montrose this week. My plan is to check out the Red Arrow, the various eating establishments, and many of the great roads out that way to ensure that they are ready for the GL1800riders when they head out for Rockies-Gold.

The bike is ready to go and the weather is looking fantastic. We'll head down to Pagosa Springs on Tuesday (via Monarch Pass, Gunnison, Lake City, Slumgullion Pass, Creede, and Wolf Creek Pass). We'll head up to Montrose on Wednesday, riding the Million Dollar Highway and perhaps stopping at the Handlebars Saloon in Silverton for a bite of lunch.

This is a major task, but I felt I needed to ensure that all would be ready for September!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
As always, Dave takes one for the team!!!! Its a tough job, but someones got to do it.....:bow:

·
Registered
931 Posts
I'm surprised that he can twist the throttle to go. After all I'm sure someone twisted his arm to go!!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ride safe Dave, I am jealous!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Dave I do not believe you, you will need to take lots of pictures and video to prove you are not still sitting in your lounge room.

If in fact you have to do this ride ride safe mate and have a great time

Johng
www.jonkaz.net

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
Dave,

Thanks again for stepping up to the brutal challenges that we have to face out here.

Those folks in the rest of the country don't realize just how difficult it is riding on all these twisty mountain roads, suffering through all those high altitude passes and fighting to keep the bike between the mountain on one side and 1,000 feet (or more) of air on the other.

I was out Saturday inspecting roads but decided to take Deanna up to Geneva City on Sunday. Man, talk about beauty!! (and NO you can't take the bike there...)

Found one motorcycle road that is just incredible out of Georgetown but it's 20 miles in and 20 miles back out right now due to construction.
But when it's done.....

It is a major undertaking for you to have to do all of this hard work and one that the rest of us really appreciate!

Thanks for your support!

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Be sure to dine at the Alley House Grill in Pagosa Springs. Linda and I had an excellent dinner there on our way home from RG10, thankss to route suggestions from many of you.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
This is a major task, but I felt I needed to ensure that all would be ready for September!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
My Hero! :bow::tongue:

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
What are the temperatures on these rides? Lowest to highest.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
We just returned home today from a 7 day ride, spending 5 of them riding in Colorado. We stayed 3 nights in Montrose.

141 is a MUST ride. We rode north on 550/50 to 141 to 145 to 62 to 550 back to Montrose. It was a GREAT way to spend the day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts