GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the headlight bulb #'s for the 1800"s cant seem to find it in manual,if its in manual anyone know where??

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
or you could go H.I.D.S :cool:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Are they all the same wattage? Different bulb for high and low beams? I have been looking for some info as well. Thanks

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Are they all the same wattage? Different bulb for high and low beams? I have been looking for some info as well. Thanks
They are all the same...all H7 bulbs. When you take the old bulbs out of the bike there will be an adapter on each bulb. Be sure to take those off the old bulbs so you can reuse on new bulbs.

Edit: They are all 55W bulbs.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks for the all the quick responces...Now I have some shopping to do...Had some Osram Silverstars on my ST1300 and they put out some pretty good light...going to do some digging now to see what is available in H7's

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All done and fixed replaced them both to be safe,I went ahead and changed both low beam bulbs from walmart $ 9.88 each and 10 minutes of my time.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I always close my eyes when I change the bulbs........... Helps me see better with my hands. :shock: ;)

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Me 2 ,it does work

·
Registered
7,630 Posts
All done and fixed replaced them both to be safe,I went ahead and changed both low beam bulbs from walmart $ 9.88 each and 10 minutes of my time.
Wise decision. They are known for the second one failing shortly after the first.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts