GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a headlight adjustment motor quit working on them? The left one works, but the right one suddenly stopped working. I’ve got power to it, but the motor just turns without moving the headlight.

Also does anyone know the part number to the headlight adjustment motor?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Only my left one has worked since I picked my bike up. I thought it was supposed to be that way...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Stupid question, but here goes. does the headlight adj knob move one or both sides? I have ridden with a few goldwingers and their is almost allways one headlight that is higher than the other???

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
headlight

Don't trouble yourself with this....This is a warranty issue

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
ICEBRU said:
Stupid question, but here goes. does the headlight adj knob move one or both sides? I have ridden with a few goldwingers and their is almost allways one headlight that is higher than the other???
It seams like quite a few of the bikes come from the factory with the left headlight lower than the right one, (dims only). I don't know why. Mine was not that way. To answer your question, the headlight adjust switch adjusts both left and right low and high beams equally. That's the way mine has worked from day one.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
baldwing said:
Anyone have a headlight adjustment motor quit working on them? The left one works, but the right one suddenly stopped working. I’ve got power to it, but the motor just turns without moving the headlight.

Also does anyone know the part number to the headlight adjustment motor?
In looking at the "Headlight" schematic, it would appear the motor is part of the headlight unit PN 2918009-001. Also listed is the adjusting screw PN 709783-001.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to y'all who helped me out. I plan to take it in for warranty work when I'm medically able to do so. Presently I'm unable to ride and need several more surgeries before I can ride.
I'd been looking at part numbers on the parts fiche on the web sites, but I've ordered the service manual.

Now I just wish I could find a GOOD dealer. I went to the local one to pick up some replacement clips and screws. Their prices were over $4.00 for screws that list $2.50 on HDL's dealer parts fiche.

ICEBRU & Springbike- The knob is to adjust both lights, and both low and high beam. Mine used to do it well, now only the right adjust.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
baldwing said:
Thanks to y'all who helped me out. I plan to take it in for warranty work when I'm medically able to do so. Presently I'm unable to ride and need several more surgeries before I can ride.
I'd been looking at part numbers on the parts fiche on the web sites, but I've ordered the service manual.

Now I just wish I could find a GOOD dealer. I went to the local one to pick up some replacement clips and screws. Their prices were over $4.00 for screws that list $2.50 on HDL's dealer parts fiche.

ICEBRU & Springbike- The knob is to adjust both lights, and both low and high beam. Mine used to do it well, now only the right adjust.
You wont find anyone with better prices (on-line) Just order them from Hal and get your health back in shape !!!

Patrick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts