GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed, after my very first ride of the year yesterday, that one of my headlights has blown. Can someone let me know the part number on this if you know offhand. I would have to unbury the trailer where the repair manual is or pull out the bulb before shopping, which would be easy enough to do I guess but I couldn't do this real soon.
If someone can give me the number then I will pick it up in my travels and have it to slap in when the next chance presents itself.

This is a real dopey question but would save me some time. Thanks group:thumbup:

·
Registered
478 Posts
The High and Low beams are H7 but you may want to check with your Honda dealer as they may replace it under warranty. I have heard of others getting the replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Pete,

H 7 is the one. Be sure not to throw away the adapter with the old bulb. This needs to be re-used.

Yeah warranty, around here....LOL

See you soon.

Bulldog & Meesh

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Bulldog's right, save the black plastic base from the bulb

Yeah, I think anybody getting bulbs replaced under "warranty" are just being humored. Perhaps the air in the tires should be a warranty item too.. :lol:

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
From his signature line his is an 02, doubt if it is under warranty.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Yeah, I think anybody getting bulbs replaced under "warranty" are just being humored. :lol:
Nope.........had mine replaced by Honda dealers 2 years ago......... NO CHARGE.

What I think is really happening here is Honda, after a couple years after buying new, will replace them as a "good courtesy deed".

Now you just have to hunt down that kind of dealer.

I used two dealerships:

First one.... no problem.
Second one..... replaced my bulb, but only after calling their direct Honda warrenty line.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Nope.........had mine replaced by Honda dealers 2 years ago......... NO CHARGE.

What I think is really happening here is Honda, after a couple years after buying new, will replace them as a "good courtesy deed".

Now you just have to hunt down that kind of dealer.

I used two dealerships:

First one.... no problem.
Second one..... replaced my bulb, but only after calling their direct Honda warrenty line.
That may be true, but I'd think it would cost them more to submit the damn claim to Honda than the bulb cost unless they also charge Honda for time to install it also.. Go figure..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts