GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this has been asked before, but we all see the luxury cars, BMW, Lexus and Mercedes with the blue headlights...can the same colour/hue/shade of blue be bought in the same type of bulb the 1800 takes ?...and if so, where and how much ?....thanks....ride safe...

Scott

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
they are hid .. i put in a 4300k set up on mine . lests say it this way,WOW :clap2: . i got mine on ebay . from geuine auto

·
Registered
234 Posts
USE PIAA H-7 bulbs!!!!!!!!!!!!

PIAA H-7 Platinum 110 Watt Super White bulbs in both the low beam and high beams!!!!!!!!!!!!! $48.00 a pair, and worth every penny, when you turn on your lower fog lights with these.....you can double the beam length and width of the stock bulbs.

And now I have the PIAA 1100XX bulbs being delivered Monday, so there will be 6 PIAA high performance bulbs up front, and the German 55 Watt high performance bulbs in the lower fog light assembly from EC.....if they say " I didn't see him," they are lying!!!!!!

Expensive but it only costs 10% more to go first class..why not....??

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Re: USE PIAA H-7 bulbs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basspro said:
PIAA H-7 Platinum 110 Watt Super White bulbs in both the low beam and high beams!
Expensive but it only costs 10% more to go first class..why not....??
Ummm, just a tad illegal, for one. Might melt your bulb housings, for another.
Is that a real 110 watts? Or a "seems like" 110 watts and is actually only 55 watts.
I think that the housings conform to the Euro-standard 65 watts and can safely take that much heat.
You're litterally playing with fire to put in higher wattage bulbs.

I've personally seen melted housings from 80 watt bulbs when I worked at a dealership.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts