GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a source for a replacement bulb retainer spring clip OR have an idea for a replacement (duct tape not withstanding)? I had one fall into the headlight housing and don't want to take the bike apart to try and retrieve it. Honda does not even show the part on their microfiche. A local dealer, who also sells Suzuki's, showed me the retainer used by Suzuki and it looks very similar to Honda's. Surprisingly, Suzuki does not show the part on their microfiche either.

·
Chard Member
12,961 Posts
FYI... Don't remove the screw next time! :oops:

I think I heard someone say the part number is on the '06 fiche. I haven't checked, but it's worth a try.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Don't know this first hand but some one on this board mentioned in an earlier post that Honda does show this part avaliable for the 06. Have your dealer try the 06 microfiche. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Can you see it from the front of the bike? If it is actually inside the reflector try taping a small magnet to some string or wire and try to pull it out of there. Be very careful and try not to scratch the reflector.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Have a friend that had the same thing happen to him. Yes, it is listed with the 2006 information. Just call Char at Niehaus Cycle Sales (1-800-373-6565) and she will take care of you.
Don Pittillo
White 2004 GL1800 Lehman Trike

·
Chard Member
12,961 Posts
Try this. Numbers came from '06 parts fiche.

spring, supporter # 34904-MCA-A60 $6.83

·
Registered
21 Posts
retainer

I did the same and believe it or not I was able to fish it out with a clothes hanger with a small hook bent in it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to everyone for your replies and suggestions. I took the new part number to my local dealer and have it ordered. Since I've ordered and paid for the new part, I am sure when I try to fish the old one out that I will have no problem retrieving it!!

Again, thank you so much for your time and help!!

Bill Brown
Lee's Summit, MO

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Red said:
Try this. Numbers came from '06 parts fiche.

spring, supporter # 34904-MCA-A60 $6.83
$6.83 for a bent piece of wire :shock: :shock: It is a good thing I am sitting down :!:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I did the same thing. It was the first bulb I had to change. Mine fell in also. I used a peice of solid #18 wire to fish around. At last it fell on the floor. Then I got to put it back. That was a very hard job also.

I will never take the screw out again!! The first bulb took me 1.5 hrs the second bulb took me 5 min. after I knew what I was doing.. Good luck.

PS.. Don't touch the new bulb with anything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts