GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Honda Goldwing 1800 Premium Audio Comfort Nav ABS 2003 Honda Shadow 600
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am little confused. What size bulbs go in for low beam. I bought Sylvania H7 SilverStar Ultra Halogen. They don't fit in the plug. The male ends are to small, not wide enough. I have done a lot of searches I seen h7 is replacement, but then I see h4, h11. Sorry. 1st time changing the bulbs on this since I only had it since July. Thanks.

BTW, 1 on left in pic is Stanley right is Sylvania

Product Wood Gas Electric blue Auto part

·
Administrator
4,359 Posts
oo duh. the service manual doesn't show to do that. Sorry for the dumb question. But, I was just baffled. thank you
Trust me, you are not the first person who has done this. It happens more often than most of us will admit.

Glen

·
Registered
598 Posts
oo duh. the service manual doesn't show to do that. Sorry for the dumb question. But, I was just baffled. thank you
No such thing as "dumb" question. Not everyone were born a genius knowing answer to all the life's questions.

"It is wise to ask questions and SEEN AS a fool than to remain silent and BE A fool"...who quoted that?

I ask some of the dumbest and simplest question here too, some dumb comments as well, like this one😁

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
It helps (for me) that I just went through this exact same scenario this past Sunday morning when I had to change out the low beam H7 in my Rune. hahaha. I very nearly went back to the book to clarify if I had indeed purchased the correct bulb when I saw the difference in their plugs. However, I stopped just short of that and instead got a flat blade screwdriver and started prying on the adapter first.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Been there, done that... for about 10 minutes! then it hit me my new bulb wasnt identical to the old and I pulled off the black piece. I felt stupid for those 10 min but was alone luckily.

On the note of aging/going bad... my female contacts in that black piece were a bit loose on the bulb blades. Which is bad for contacts, so I tightened them up before installation

Reactions: swifty101

·
Registered
7,484 Posts
I could not get my big hand(s) in there, I'm lucky to have a wife with tiny hands, that could just reach inside, and change out that bulb, w/o problems............We U tube'd it first, on how to change it...FIRST.....

Ronnie

Reactions: swifty101

·
Registered
741 Posts
I could not get my big hand(s) in there, I'm lucky to have a wife with tiny hands, that could just reach inside, and change out that bulb, w/o problems............We U tube'd it first, on how to change it...FIRST.....

Ronnie
Better be careful on what you say, we will all be calling your wife on changing out our head light bulbs 😉 (y)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts