GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my headlight bulbs and want to put in H7-35w-5000k. I can't find them anywhere. Anyone know where I can get them? Thanks.

Ed

·
Vendor
18,589 Posts
Google ... h7 bulb 35w ... there are several places to buy them.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Just curious, why not the 55w ?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I belive they are.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
I don't know of any 5000k bulbs without going to HID. I looked for them before deciding on HID's. Much better and a lot brighter! Go with HID's. You won't regret the decision.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I plan on installing HIDs for my low beams, but I also need to replace my high beams. Thus, the desire for a bulb in the 5000k area.

Ed

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
DDM Tuning makes a HID with a 5000K rating, in both 35 and 55 watt ratings.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I hear that the 55w are too bright.

Ed
Ummm.. how can your headlights be too bright, especially your high beams?? Most aren't bright enough. If the low beams are aimed correctly, they shouldn't interfere with on-coming driver's vision, and you don't run the highs with on-coming traffic, so? The Wing uses 55 watt H-7 bulbs, and the reflector system is designed for that. The basic GL1800 headlight system is far better than most (well, any) car I've driven, and a lot of people upgrade them some with SilverStars plus adding driving lamps for even better high-beam vision. PIAA 1100X are one choice, and Clearwater Kristas are another. Or, you can do both... (How do you like your venison? Well done, or just vaporized? :eek: )
Unless you don't drive at night, I would certainly stay away from 35 watt bulbs, and use some version of 55 watts. You don't want to go over 55 watts because the wiring system won't handle it.

BTW, the bulbs are definitely 55 watt H-7

=Dave=
GWBBA #9
rocketmoto.com

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I had silverstars in my hi . Had to take them out . The reflection of the road sighs was too bad . So depending were you ride you can have too much light .

·
Registered
349 Posts
I had silverstars in my hi . Had to take them out . The reflection of the road sighs was too bad . So depending were you ride you can have too much light .
I have Silverstars in all 4 lights and I'd go brighter if I could. I have the Honda oem Fog lights at 35 watts each and they are next to worthless. I'm going to replace them with the Electrical Connections Performance Series with 55 watts each. I am also seriously considering supplementing the high beams with the PIAA 1100 lights mentioned above. I need to see critters on the roadway as far ahead as possible.

Going to lesser lights doesn't make any sense to me at all.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Google ... h7 bulb 35w ... there are several places to buy them.
Standard H7 bulb is 55w. Why would you put a 35w one in? Also the higher the color temp you go, the harder is will be for you to see in bad weather (fog lights a amber for a reason). HID light are about 5500k (daylight balanced) but don't use a blue filter to do this like cheap HID wannabes and this mekes them a full spectrum light (all reds, greens are still there not filtered out).

Tried the bluer tinted bulbs once when my old ones failed on a trip. At night in the rain they were a disaster (I stopped at first auto parts and threw blue ones out!!)

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
I put HID in my truck and love them. Hardly ever use the brights anymore. Would NOT want them on my bike for the reason stated above. Especially the newer polymer reflective:doorag: signs ...... :shock:

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
HID projectors will fix this problem. The cutoff line is below typical sign height. You also stop blinding oncoming drivers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts