GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchase APC Plasma Ultra White H-7 bulb. I wonder any of you are using the bulb and how good is the bulbs? Thanks

·
Registered
199 Posts
Lightbulbs

I opted for the APC Super White X bulbs from JC Whitney just $12.99 a pair. I compared them to the stock bulbs and they are a little whiter. I also coughed up the $42.00 for the Sylvania Silver Stars. In comparison the Silver Stars are about the same amount whiter than the APC as compared to the stock bulbs. I guess you get what you pay for. This is just comparing the bulbs shining on the garage door. I have not had a chance to really compare them out on the road yet. For the price of the APC; I would probably use them as a replacement for the stock bulbs. I guess I will have to see how long both types last. 8)

·
Registered
578 Posts
H7 bulbs

My oem bulbs lasted 26000 miles. replaced with silver stars which lasted less than 20,000 miles. went back to oem style bulbs purchased from Checker Auto. Both left and right bulbs burnt out within 24 hours of each other. I carry an extra set of bulbs with me @ all times. I changed the second set out @ a convenience store on the way home from Daytona last week. I didn't even know they were out until I pulled up to the store and saw the reflection in the windows.1.unplug electrical connection2.remove rubber cover.3.unhook wire stay4.remove bulb5.transferplastic base to new bulb6. reverse process. Do not touch bulb glass with your bare hands. Perform changeout on the center stand or you will go crazy trying to keep the wire stay from getting in your way on the left side

1 - 3 of 3 Posts