GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My low beam light keeps coming loose when hitting bumps and I have to push the plug switch back in to keep the light on....it has come all the way out at times if I don't catch it in time. Is there something I can do to keep the plug in as I find myself having to push the plug back in a couple times a day when riding.

Ron

·
lightley seasoned member
3,082 Posts
Is the retainer wire still there? Should be held by a screw and presses into a clip...?

·
Registered
156 Posts
The lamp has male spades that the connector fits on to. Look at the female brass parts in the connector and you will see that on each end is a circular connector that goes on the bulb. Take a pair of needle nosed pliers and close this circular area a bit to make the connection tighter. Just close it a tad, not too much. They should hold onto the bulb better.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Headlight

The low beam bulbs can be seen with a flashlight looking down under the dash standing beside the driver's seat. The bulb is under a rubber cover and is held in place by a retainer clip. The clip is a PITA to put back in position but it must be there to hold the bulb in place. Git er done.

·
Registered
718 Posts
there is no reason the light should come out after hitting bumps, the retainer clip has to be off for that to happen. Is this going on with both right and left sides or just one side? I have hit some pretty big bumps and have never had a light fall out, my 02 would go through lights about every 20000 miles like clockwork but the 08 has only lost one light in 62000 miles (go figure) :popcorn:

·
Registered
20,950 Posts
for some reason seems like most folks are thinking the bulb is coming loose but i don't think thats what he said, i think its just the plug that connects to the bulb coming loose, if thats the case i would follow Steve O's advice bend the spades SLIGHTLY to make it fit a little tighter :thumbup:

·
Registered
718 Posts
if its just the plug then that happened to me on my 02 and it was because the rubber boot wasn't on all the way and the plug would come out. I fixed the rubber boot and it never did it again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts