GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Canuck
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I posted earlier asking about fog light LED's. This post is asking about headlight LED's for a 2012 airbag Wing.

The Tridium deal right now at Gene's Gallery for fog lights is they will include two GL1800 LED headlight bulbs with a fog light order. The bulbs are 3600 lumens. And when I order a second pair for the high beams, they are also 3600 lumens. I'm figuring that's good enough. However, somebody was saying they went with 4800 lumen bulbs for their high beams, and the light was really good. (They may have put them in their low beams too - I can't remember.) Gene's Gallery doesn't have 4800 lumen bulbs and, like I said, I'm thinking 3600 lumen is just fine.

So that leads me to hopefully my last question on this subject. Does anybody have an opinion/experience with 4800 lumens vs. 3600 LED's in their headlight?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
E/C LEDs

I also use and like the E/C headlight LEDs. I like their headlights better than their cowl lights though. Their high output cowl lights for the pre 2012 cowls tend to create a significant amount of glare for oncoming drivers.

·
Registered
109 Posts
HI, please excuse the partial thread hijack but are headlight modulators OK to use with LED bulbs?

·
Canuck
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts