GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, My name is Ron from sunny Sarasota, Florida. Just purchased Starman's Chrome Molly, and am loving every second of it. It is not often in life that anything exceeds your expectations, well the wing amazes me everytime I get on it. It just gets better and better each time. Enough with the BS, I want to put a headlight modulator on the wing and have been leaning toward the Kisan, at$ 162.95 thats a fare amount of money, but I have a Kisan on my Suzuki Volushia and it has never failed me. Signal dynamics has one for the Wing for $89.95, but their reliability is questionable as far as I was concerned. About a year ago I was going to get the S.D for my Suzuki but the dealer said they had many problems with them and they did not stand behind them. Any of you guys installed eithe of them or any others that work well. Thanks for the input and to all a V E R Y M E R R Y C H R I S T M A S and a Happy and Healthy New Year. Even though it is Politically not correct !

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
You may also want to consider the unit from Kriss. It is the best I have seen. It wires into the system and is switchable. It works very well. I have had mine on for almost two years. Absolutely no problems. I would buy it again in a minute.
Look here http://www.kriss.com/gl1800modh-l.htm

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I went with the Kris, too, but opted for the "standard" version. Personally, I didn't need the ability to switch which lights flash and it's $100+ cheaper. Like the model CJS recommended, you can add a switch into the loop.

I've heard horror stories about the Kisan modulator working itself loose, but can't speak to it myself.

Good luck and Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Yep. I have the Kisan modulators, and can attest to the fact that, if you don't put it on tight, one or the other will work loose. It's not a big deal, however, mine has come off twice in the past year, but, over the past 5 months maybe, I haven't had a problem. Plug and Play otherwise, and no need to cut any wires. Altho, that may be a small issue for you.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Another vote for Kisan..I've have them on my 12-15 & 1800..Never had a problem with any of them..

The units for my 1800 were a bit of a PITA to push on,So I know they won't be falling off.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I've had the same problem as Jerry with my left connection working lose. Not a big deal but you do have to pull the left pocket to push it back on.

I have had two failures with the Back Off modulator (Signal Dynamics, I think makes them). They have worked for 18-24 months then failed with no brake lights. Guess I shouldn't complain, they failed open and didn't wipe out any fuses or other electronics. The last on was really a PIA because I had installed it under the trunk on Angel's Trike when I installed the trailer isolation relays. Pulling the trunk on a trike is really exciting.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I've had the Kisan on for 6 months and 12,000 miles with no problems. Yes, it is a PITA to install, but worth it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Have the Kisan....just take a few seconds before installation and make sure the female slots are a tight snug fit onto the male plug of the bulb....my left one slipped out slightly and had to spend an hour to get it reinstalled properly..taking out the left pocket and the control lever for the foot warmers.

Kisan has the technology..and it only costs 10% more to go first classs!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts