GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had installed Kisan headlight modulator on my 2001 Goldwing and found the left high beam to be all most impossible to do. Ended up getting to it by reaching up under the cowl.
Have a 2005 Goldwing now and again want to install Kisan; the thing that made the left high beam so hard to do was the wiring harness. Saw on the Kriss site they have you removing this harness assemble to splice in wires.
Question has any one tried moving this harness out of the way?
It does look like it has two plastic nuts with metal in center.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I just installed the Kisan Modulator on my new 06 Airbag model...it is a real pain in the butt to reach the left high beam bulb area...but doable....suggest that you have someone with smaller hands help with this installation.

The low beams can be done in about 10 minutes not much problem, but that left high beam is a real bear to reach....I got it done, but did some cussing and had to walk away from it a few times to calm down long enough to get it installed.

I replaced the bulbs too with PIAA 110 Platinum bulbs which complicated the job a little, but wanted the maximum exposure...and brother the cars just pull over like a state trooper coming up behind them sometimes.

Every state allows modulators and some drivers are aware of them, and most not...so ......have to give up something...to get something, but it is the best safety device other than disc brakes with ABS you can have on a bike.

I had a problem with plugging the modulator into the rear of the bulb prongs...it wasn't tight enough, and in fact loosened up the first time and didn't work...so had to remove the left pocket and act liike a monkey to get in there to get a good fit.

Be sure that you slightly crimp the female connectors on the modulator plug to give you a good tight slip in fit...or it may shake loose like mine did and require you to do the job all over again...you don't want to do that...

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Basspro said:
The low beams can be done in about 10 minutes not much problem, but that left high beam is a real bear to reach....I got it done, but did some cussing and had to walk away from it a few times to calm down long enough to get it installed.
I don't know if there is anything else in the way on an airbag model but the only thing in the way on my 2006 was the lever for the foot warmers. All you have to do is remove the top plate and one screw and you can easily move that out of the way and get plenty of access to the left high beam. :wink:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Removing the left pocket was a must for me, too. Get good with two or three fingers and it will be easier. You may have to stretch the plug prongs a tad to make it easier. Mine were just a little to close together to go into the Kissan modulator. Now that I have done it a couple of times it is easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts