GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few close calls with "not being seen", I installed headlight modulators on my Roadstar back in 2004. After installation, I didn't have any more close calls relative to "not being seen". I traded my Roadstar in on a new wing in Jan 06. Even with all the the lighting up front including fog lamps, I have once again begun experiencing close calls by "not being seen". So once again, I'm back on the market for headlight modulators that will not only modulate high beams but low beams as well. I've looked at difference brands, and the costs are all over the board. Ultimately, I'm going to go with the best, regardless of price. Now I'm looking for some peer feedback. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Safe riding...and Merry Christmas. :xmas1:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
You won't receive consensus on which one is the "best," but I believe these two are both quality products:

....Kris "Double Eagle"
....Kris "Standard"
....Kisan "Path Blazer"

Personally, I have the Kris Standard model.

Both versions of their own "issues." The Kris requires wire cutting/splicing and the Kisan has a reputation of working itself loose. You can read other comments here: http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=74162
http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=69382&highlight=headlight+modulator

Good luck, Ride Safe, Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
I have the Kriss "Double" model. It works very well. I like the fact that it can be switched off for riding beind someone or in a group. Very nice feature.
I would be my first choice if I ever had to buy another one.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :lol:

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
I have Kisan Path Blazer. They are only on in the daylight and only when the high beams are on. They work great and if I am in a group ride I just put my headlights on low beam and no flashing.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
When I had my 05 VTX 1300 I installed a Comagination modulator. It worked very well, and like someone else mentioned, I just switched to low beam when I wanted to turn if off.

Just go to

comagination.com to get info. Also, WebBikeWorld.com had done a review about this unit and gave it a very favorable recommendation.

I have yet to install a modulator on my Wing. Ride safely always. :)

Todd

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nice job Soloquest. I have an '06 ABS model and rigged my Kriss to flash the high beams which required cutting and splicing the wire bundle inside the left pocket which, in turn, required removing the top shelter so I would have room. Still a tough job and not one for someone that cannot use a test light to determine exactly which wire in the pocket to cut and splice. I also rigged a small on/off switch inside the top (ceiling) of the left rear pocket that overrides the flashing mode and allows my hi beam switch to work as normal. Otherwise when I turn on the high beam, the modulator works.

All in all, I am happy with my Kriss although the instructions could have been clearer. I love the attention it gets from oncoming drivers which makes me feel a tad safer.

Ed Hamilton
'06 ABS

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Solo, that is some really nice work. You deserve a huge pat on the back for taking the time to share your explanations with others. The photos are top notch.

While I will not be attempting the kind of work you have done, I believe I can appreciate it.

Best wishes and ride safely. :)

Todd

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I've had the KISAN unit on for the past 18k miles and it works just fine. It's never worked loose on it's own (I've loosened it while groping in the under dash panel innards).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts