GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is allready a couple of companies marketing this type product, but most are made with 3M or Avery-Dennision material. When installed, you can see 'orange peel' on the lens. At the last trade show we attended, we found this new material that, when installed correctly, is invisible....I had to run my finger over the reps headlight to verify it was installed.

A set of the material for the headlights would run about $50.00 + labor unless you wanted to install it yourself. I did a trial run today on TNCharlies bike and I have to tell you, the install went much, much easier than I had banked on. I can see some of us doing it ourselves.

We are doing some testing with Charlies bike...his Honda foglights are pitted really bad. After we put the material on them, unless you get up on them, they look new. We took a pair of blunt nose scissors and pressed them into the material....you could see a 1/8"+ push from the scissors pop out. We pulled the scissors away and the material stretched back to normal with only a slight bump. I'm impressed. We will post more as we test it.

Oh yeah...I forgot to mention....when this product is installed by an authorized installer, there is a warranty on the material as long as you own it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi Lewis

Now if you could offer your driving lites in a amber or clear glass with the protective film , there would be no need for the plastic shield out in front. Way too cool. :D :D :D

Chuck

·
Registered
692 Posts
I like this film, you have to show people the edge or they do not believe you have anything covering the lights. This stuff is so clear that it should not show up over paint. I took a hard hit to one of my fog lights with no damage. I think it would take a very hard hit to break the lens. I will post if I have any problems.

Charlie

·
Registered
160 Posts
Any update on this?

I am planning a trip to Alaska, this stuff might be good.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I have had mine installed for about a month now. It does as advertised for sure. I have a couple of nicks in mine where I know it would have dinged up the lens for sure. I also did the fog lights. I really havent looked to see how its going down there. You really cant go wrong for the money. My front light lenses already had alot of pitting to them, after this stuff goes on it covers them up. Nice feature. If I had a new bike I would get it done asap. As usual Lewis did a great job!

·
Registered
20,955 Posts
are these headlite protection things forsale ?

i couldn't find them on the electrical connections website

pictures anywhere ?

installation instructions ?

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Ditto!!

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The headlights are hard to install. I am trying to figure out a way to show how its done.

I installed a set on 'BigChiefs' trike on my last trip to Phoenix. I don't think the additional heat will make any difference.

The film has a new addition to it; clearcoat. Its the only paint protection film that has a built in clear coat. Makes maintenance easier and blends in even better to the paint (not that it didn't before).

We will have a booth at Honda Hoot and hopefully Americade where we can put it on for you. Don't forget Catscade too. And you can always stop by the shop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts