GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there cheaper replacement bulb than stock? Just paid 25$ for one bulb!! Don't want LED or anything trick just a stock equivalent

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts
Any H7...walmart, outozone, etc...

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
Walmart. There's h7s everywhere...... $15.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Obviously my first rodeo with changing the bulbs! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Someone on the board used to sell them for around $6 each. :shrug:
includes shipping!!!!! I bought some from him about 8 months ago, but would have to look at my invoice to remember his name (Dan Saenz ?????). Excellent buy!!!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
PIAA Night Tech's

I just put in a pair of PIAA Night Techs because I've had such good luck outta PIAA off-road lights. My initial assessment; they are moderately brighter(10-15%) than the Phillips 55W that they replaced but they are way whiter. Don't know how that will translate in inclement weather. We shall see. They claimed to have improved durability over comparables.
Again, we shall see. I got 28K outta the Phillips with one still burning.
AND, these cost about $50 to my door. Hopefully I won't be posting a follow-up for at least 3 years! ;)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Like I said in the other thread....the default carrier is UPS. You need to change the carrier to USPS. We only charge what they charge us....

·
Registered
581 Posts
I use PIAA extreme whites. They are very bright and better than stock,
Your local Wally World will offer several options as well.

·
Registered
21,057 Posts
my opinion PIAA bulbs are a big waste of money, i bought a set and they both burned out in less than 10,000 miles, they were significantly brighter but because of the very short life i will never buy them again

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
That's about what I get on Sylvania Ultras....10k ~6months of riding. :?
Good thing the low beams are so easy to change. :thumbup:

my opinion PIAA bulbs are a big waste of money, i bought a set and they both burned out in less than 10,000 miles, they were significantly brighter but because of the very short life i will never buy them again

·
Registered
406 Posts
Agreed. Loved the light coming from them but I only got 7k out of them even after carefully wiping them down before installing. Both burned out within 10 miles of each other last week right in the middle of a road trip. Had to run the high beams until morning when I could stop at an Auto zone..

Looking at HIDs now, what are people getting for mileage from them?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Well now, were those PIAA Night Techs that you tried?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Agreed. Loved the light coming from them but I only got 7k out of them even after carefully wiping them down before installing.
Well, these Night Techs came pretty clean in the box, so I didn't do any wiping. :?:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Looking at HIDs now, what are people getting for mileage from them?
Replacing H7s with HID bulbs is a bad idea, the reflectors are not designed to reflect that light, because the shape of the emitting source is so different. So, even if you try to adjust the light properly, you spew it out like someone with misaimed headlights. Either you blind people or you have the lights set so low they won't work for you.

You can buy HID driving lights, which come with reflectors properly shaped for HID bulbs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts