GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past I've asked a couple of times for some info on a decent Buffalo area dealer, and several folks had pointed me to Hamburg Honda, and several others have told me to avoid Western NY Cycle (in Lockport).

Well, a couple of weeks ago I was looking for someone to replace a blown fork seal. Went to Hamburg Honda, and after some discussion and phone calls, they said that Honda wouldn't fix it under my extended warranty. Went to Western NY Cycle, and without hesitation that told me to bring it in and they''d do it under warranty. They did the whole thing in about 2 hours, with ZERO cost to me.

So, if you're in the area and need some work done ($66/hour), give them a look. They're on Transit Road in Lockport, just about 10 minutes north of Grovers Hamburger joint. :thumbup:

·
Registered
188 Posts
im not sure where the problem was but i have never ever had a problem with hamburg honda.in fact i bought a 2012 wing from a different dealer and was never treated so bad. i took my new wing to them to have hamburg honda check it over to make sure they didnt miss anything else.they spent about an hour on my bike and never charged me a cent. and like you said they called honda and they were told they would not cover the warranty work correct ? how can you blame a dealership who makes a call and is told that if they do the work they are not going to get paid ? hopefully the dealer that did the work aint going to get burned by this. just my opinion..

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not sure where the problem was but i have never ever had a problem with hamburg honda.
And where did I say that I DID have a problem with them. Read the post..., I said that I went to another dealer because Hamburg wouldn't be able to do it under warranty. I have no problem with Hamburg Honda, but why would I take it to a dealer that's going to charge me, when I can take it to a dealer that wont.

By all means, support you pals, but dont read between the lines in my post and start ragging on what I said. Too many folks around here who have nothing better to do than try to create argumentative issues that dont exist.

If you want to say great things about Hamburg Honda, start your own thread.

:doorag:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts