GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Schuberth helmet and J&M says they do not have a headset for me. Air Riders does. Has anyone tried it with their Schuberth? Your impressions?
Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have one with a J&M headset installed and it works great. I did it myself and wasn't hard to install. I could maybe take some pictures and e-mail them to you and instructions if I can remember how I did it.

Eddie

·
Registered
146 Posts
I too did a J&M headset install in my friend's Schuberth (He ride's a BMW and thought he needed a German helmet too!!). It went well. I used a Dremel to remove some of the styro to make the Dynaport speakers fit and we used his open face boom mike (secured under the metal bracket that clamps just behing the locking mechanism). You'll need some adheasive on hand to retack the liner. There's actually a link on the BMW LT riders board that has some good picts and instructions. If you want, I'll try to find it again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have one with Air Rider headsets. Sent it away for installation. Had it done about a year ago. Love it! :lol:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Schberth and AirRider headsets.

I have a Schuberth and had a AirRider headset installed by Mark Ries in the Seattle area. I called AirRider and he was their recommendation.

I love the helmet and the AirRider is much better then any J&M headset I have ever owned.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the Schuberth with the Air Rider and I like it very much. I also had Mark do the install, well worth the money. I also have three Shoei helmets with J&M and they are as good as the Air Rider.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ol'Cruiser said:
I have one with Air Rider headsets. Sent it away for installation. Had it done about a year ago. Love it! :lol:
Mark did my install, too. His service was quick, and looks and feels great. Air Rider is a great company to deal with.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Head Set Installation

Don't know about Air Rider (have heard good things) nor about assisted installations, but I would strongly suggest talking to Ed Davis [[email protected]] about "EdSets". They are a superior product, and Ed's support is stellar. Chad - Phoenix

1 - 9 of 9 Posts