GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The headset cable that runs out of the left fairing pocket, it is a little to short. I tried to pull it out but it want move. Can you pull the cable out without taking the fairing pocket out or apart?

·
Chard Member
13,047 Posts
Remove the pocket. Remove the headset cable from the slot. Reinstall where you want it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Road Hog said:
The headset cable that runs out of the left fairing pocket, it is a little to short. I tried to pull it out but it want move. Can you pull the cable out without taking the fairing pocket out or apart?
I appreciate you asked if you can do it without removing the pocket, but the answers most likely not without damaging the cable. The cable is clipped in place right where you see it exit by the pocket. However, removing the pocket is a breeze, just 4 push clip things, and out she pops. Then you can free the cable from the clip, and put it back with as much length sticking out as you want.

Regards,

·
Registered
761 Posts
What Red and Burger said. The pocket if VERY easy to remove. You will see a small plastic "pin" in each corner. Take a small pointed instrument and push in on the little "dot" in the center of each pin. They will pop in. Then you can take each pin out and the pocket lifts out. Adjust the cable and put the pocket back in. "Reset" each pin by pushing the center back out so that the "dot" in the center sticks up above the top of the pin. Put the pins back into the four corners and push the center down so it is flush with the top of the pin. If you play with the pin while you have it out you will see how they work. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts