GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me some tech details on the headsets for the 1800 Wing, please? I have read some conflicting information :(

1. Is the mic a condenser, electret, or dynamic?

2. What impedance do the headphones need to be? 8 ohms?

3. If the headphones are larger than the existing helmet cutouts, is it safe to whittle out some more room?

4. Has anyone mapped out the cb switches from the handlebar to the connectors that are in the trunk, so we can get a pinout?

5. Are the cb switches on the handlebar simple single pole single throw, on-off type?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Stale Subject, updated information

AI_Nut said:
4. which manual, the Wing shop manual?
The Wing Shop Manual Page 23-23, the ETM Page 10-3 and the FCC Database on FCC ID AX292AJC215R have wiring diagrams. Unless you are willing to wire directly to the switches as FredH and others have, there is no direct correspondence. All the switches are in a scan matrix to the Audio Unit. Only the PTT is run separately as an active on signal line to the CB unit, the rest are run over a clocked synchronous serial communications protocol between the Audio unit and the CB unit.

At this date no one has sniffed the protocol and decoded it, from all my investigation it is a one-of circuit with no parallels.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Dang Mark,

Ya done your homework...LOL

Maybe by Friday you will be able to put that knowledge to good use....LOL :wink:

Bulldog

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
The winking is hurting my eyes

Bulldog said:
Maybe by Friday you will be able to put that knowledge to good use....LOL :wink:
You speak of my 'Christmas Present' :oops: . I also got a sneak peek at my Birthday Present http://www.apexvalue.com/testers/22-321.htm for January, I am hoping this will help decode the protocol.

Been busy is not the half of it. I am building a circuit that sits in the audio line of the `Christmas Present' to override the audio with the Cell phone, GPS or Amateur Radio rig

Picked up the schematic of the `Christmas Present' and placed it at http://www.salyzyn.com/AX292AJC215H.zip for the moment.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Nice!! I like your Christmas Present! That will allow you do de-code all those protocals and help the rest of us.

Ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts