GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have problems with the connections on my headset cords. The intercom won't transmit but usually receives well. (Yeah...I can hear my wife but can not talk to her...not a good thing).

Jiggelling the connection sometimes make it work.

In case there is debris in the female ends of the connectors, how would you clean them out? The holes a very small.

Thanks for any ideas.

Mike

·
Registered
536 Posts
Unless you're comfortable taking the connectors apart, I would send the wire set back to the manufacturer to have it checked-out.

If you are comfortable taking the connectors apart, check for a loose contact where the wires attach to the connector. You may need to use a continuity tester to find the loose connection.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have had two failures with cords in two years. The first was the short upper cord and the second, was the longer, spiriled cord that connects to the bike. I had problems of being able to hear CB transmissions, but unable to send out. Thinking that the problem was the cord, I sent both cords to J&M and they tested and returned replacements of the bad cord and returned to me in less than one week. Great service and free if within the 2 year guarantee. If J&M supplied your cords, give then a call and chech out their service: you will be pleased.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Got my headset two weeks ago and the mic does not transmit from the rear now. I noticed that the two pins controlling the mic were bent together. I tried to straighten them and only succeeded in breaking one of them off. I have heard this is a fairly common problem because the pins are so small at the helmet end of the cord and there isn't a real tight guide to plug it in perfectly straight.
A friend told me that he connected to his helmets ONCE and now only disconnects at the bike because the pins are much larger and sturdier.
Gee, At $45 for a replacement, I will try his method for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts