GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me I'm a green Newbie. I have an '08 Model. Getting ready to "pull the trigger" and buy a pair of headsets. Read the instructions and if I understand I can listen to the radio and use the intercom through the headsets by: 1 choosing the headset option from the audio button (I think). 2. Hitting the intercom button when wanting to use that function.

Please tell me if I am correct before I purchase.

Also does the push to talk button on the left side do the same thing as intercom and is basically a shortcut to the intercom?:shrug:

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Both are correct above... you do have to "turn on" the intercom system with the button on the bike, next to the CB button. Once on, the intercom is always on and you can talk to your buddy in the back all the time... the intercom has a "mute" function that can be adjusted. When the music is on, the mute function lowers the volume of the music so you can hear each other talk better. You talk, and the system automatically lowers the volume of the music...

You stop talking, and the music comes back up to it's original setting...

This can be set to lower the volume of the music a little or a lot...

Works great.:thumbup:
Thanks, that is the piece of the puzzle I was looking for. I knew you shouldn't have to go back and forth between radio and intercom. You would be constantly pressing buttons. :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts