GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have EdSets and have a problem I haven't been able to figure out. My passenger can hear me but I can't hear them. Can't find any loose wires and have tried switching mics, not on mute. Any ideas? Condidering buying new set of J&M but would prefer to fix these and save the expense.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I have EdSets and have a problem I haven't been able to figure out. My passenger can hear me but I can't hear them. Can't find any loose wires and have tried switching mics, not on mute. Any ideas? Condidering buying new set of J&M but would prefer to fix these and save the expense.
There was a replacement program for the wiring to the mic and speakers. At the time it was a free replacement. I'd email or call Ed and ask him if that might be the problem.

John

·
Registered
883 Posts
Contact www.edsets.com

Ed will be able to help you out, he's the best

·
Registered
876 Posts
I was having an issue I thought was my mike. But I tried a different one from my friends set and found out that wasn't the issue. Discovered I had a broken wire in the short cable that comes out of the module on the helmet. Ordered a replacement all should be well.:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I was having an issue I thought was my mike. But I tried a different one from my friends set and found out that wasn't the issue. Discovered I had a broken wire in the short cable that comes out of the module on the helmet. Ordered a replacement all should be well.:thumbup:
+1 The dongels had an issue and Ed had a replacement program. The new one has been trouble free:lol:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Hey, RockyMtn.Wing, you didn't say if you have the 3G setup, but I have had the same problem before, and it was simply that the boom mic had worked out of the 3G module a little bit. I just had to push it in tighter. This happened a couple of times, so I put some super glue on it to hold it in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts