GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a general consensus on the best headset for music. I have the top of the line headset from one of the leading suppliers but just not satisfied enough to spend the money on say an XM radio or an IPOD for the Wing. In most cases, my current headset is satisfactory for the intercom and okay for the radio on back roads. FYI, I have a full face Arai with a standard height Tulsa windshield for fall, winter & spring use and the Tulsa Sport for summer.

I know of lot of you have upgraded/supplemented your audio systems for your listening pleasure. I have to believe some of you spent the $$ to buy what you consider the best headset, so please provide some feedback, thanks.

PS - any suggestions on front speakers for an '03? I'm running a set of Polks which have disintergrated and sound like $hit. They sounded like crap before the weather got to them also.

Cheers, Kevin

·
Banned
716 Posts
Headsets

I prefer the J&M to the Edset. I can't tell any difference in the sound and the instal of the J&M was much easier. The mic on the Edset is very hard to adjust and move around. It definitly was not worth the money for the Edset.

Just my opinion and experience.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I have J&M but to get the "best" music, I now use custom made ear monitors. Much better than helmet speakers, in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
For music quality, the Shure EC3's have been the best I've found so far -- that can work on a bike. It's a bit of extra trouble while getting on and off the bike but worth it. They also do very well at blocking helmet/wind noise. If you leave your intercom on, you can hear outside noises, like car horns and sirens, even better.

Nothing beats electrostatics for full frequency, flat response, nearly zero distortion music reproduction, but I haven't found them available to work in a helmet. :)

David M.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Once I got my Edsets properly installed, I love them. However, my wife gets a lot more wind noise than I do. At the Motorcycle show in Ft. Worth this past weekend we were sent to Marilyn Navia, owner of "Now Hear This". She has a new earplug she designed that works VERY well. My wife tried several but decided on the ones Marilyn designed and now I can't get them off of her. She has her iPod or her portable CD player in her ear all the time, with the new plugs of course. Anyway, they are VERY comfortable and quiet and she just loves them. I also bought a neat little adapter to hook them into her helment. If the earplugs are connected the sound bypasses the helmet speakers and go to the earbuds. DIsconnect the Earbuds and your back to the helmet speakers.

http://www.plugup.com/index.php

She is very good at what she does and her prices are reasonable.

What more could you ask for?

Ti04

1 - 6 of 6 Posts