GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installed j&m headsets in a shoei and a Bell full face this week..good god what a frickin major job it was..took about three to four hours of cutting,trimming and modifying both helmet,s..the helmets will never be the same..naturally when you get the headsets is when the instructions tell you that your in for the job from hell..now i gotta glue and hot glue anything and everything that had to come out of the helmets so i could custom make room for the mic..and speakers..now i know why i want the new nolans with the new intercom they have..

·
Registered
71 Posts
I put a J & M Elite for a flip-face helmet into my Shoei X-Eleven and it worked well. It did take a while to trim out the holes for the speakers, but the helmet lining and other components came out of it very easily. It all just snaps back into place.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I instaled my Edset in the Arai RX7 and it was not a bad experience.

·
Registered
19,323 Posts
I put two J & Ms in two Shoei 1000s cutting and all/took 4 minutes each maximum,cheek pads snap back in.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Which headset is better Edsets or J&M? I need to replace my wifes set one speaker doesn't work J&M chatterbox type, They came with the bike when i bought it used. Been looking at the Edsets for replacement, they look pretty good as far as construction and set up goes. Just wondering! 8)

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have the edSets and they sound better than the 06 factory speakers. I put thim in my wife's and my HJC full face. Took about 15 minbutes each to do. No cutting just place-peal-press and stick. Plug in the wires and you are rock'n

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Big Wes said:
Which headset is better Edsets or J&M? I need to replace my wifes set one speaker doesn't work J&M chatterbox type, They came with the bike when i bought it used. Been looking at the Edsets for replacement, they look pretty good as far as construction and set up goes. Just wondering! 8)
There are lots of fans of both brands, as well as several other brands, and overall, I have read few negatives about either EDSET or J&M. J&M are pricier but I doubt you'll be disappointed with either, judging from all the past commentary on this forum.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. 8)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
called J&m

well,,i called J&m and asked why i was having such a problem installing the headsets..they told me the model shoei i have is not recommended for modification.they will not work on my helmet without a lot of cutting.i have them installed but it took a lot of cutting and fitting..they will work but i can see why they wont do that model shoei..they ask that you call them first about each particular full face and some helmets like mine they dont do.so you just have to get inventive and attack the project.next purchase will be the nolan flip up made for an intercom..just plug and palay.my helmets are fiver years old anyway and christmas is near.plus ill have two spare helmets with headsets..

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I recently installed my old Hondaline headsets into an inexpensive
flip-front I bought from JCWhitney. I ended up using a door holesaw
to outline the styrofoam for removal. It was a pain, but I knew that going
into the job.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Harry said:
How about the air riders? Anyone using them? harry
Yes, I use the Air Riders. I didn't like butchering my helmets up like I had to do with the J&M. I did two with J&M, never again. I have no complaints about the Air Riders. I probably have about six sets of them installed in various helmets now.

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
I have installed headsets in 3 --- HJC - CL14 helmets.. installed the high end J&M.. piece of cake.. head sets work great.....

cosmic

1 - 17 of 17 Posts