GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the AirRiders and found they are so thick the hurt my ears. Was wondering if some folks could messure the thickness of the speakers for the other brands. (Chatterbox & J&M). I listen to my music throught the speakers so just looking for CB/Intercom use only.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have the Air Riders and if I can remember correctly, they pushed up against my ears as well. Is there a velcro attachment on the one side that is supposed to keep them firmly in your helmet? I took that off and just let the padding of the helmet hold them in place. Now they are just right as they set back into the ear cavity and away from ears.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Speaker thickness

I'd suggest looking at "EdSets" - drop that name in your "Google" and the site will pop out for you. Or, you can contact the man himself at [email protected]. Ed makes a VERY nice, high performance headset and mic that will go in any helmet with even marginal room. I put them in my new flip-front and really do like them a lot. I don't have a micrometer handy, but I would speculate the speakers are between 3/8's and 7/16's thick and they arrive in a fabric "sock" - mic too; projects the speaker and your ear at the same time. Check 'em out! (No, I don't get a commission.)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Ear pieces

Steve..........I don't have a mic but eyeballin' the Chatterbox with a ruler it looks like 5/16" and I don't want to pull the J&M out of the hole to measure but it does look thicker. Maybe 7/16".

See ya in March

Jerry

·
Registered
167 Posts
Steve: I took the velcro off mine & ran a little silacone around the edge to hold them in place. It worked well for me.

Larry

·
Registered
174 Posts
Steve_Aylor said:
I ordered the AirRiders and found they are so thick the hurt my ears. Was wondering if some folks could messure the thickness of the speakers for the other brands. (Chatterbox & J&M). I listen to my music throught the speakers so just looking for CB/Intercom use only.
Chatterbox are around 5/16" and I had to cut some 1/4" sheet foam to put behind them to bring the donuts out to just brush my ears on a KBC helmet. Very comfortable.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Check out the edsets. I have a set of chatterbox for a chatterbox and these seem much better. I was refered to the edsets by the guy at robinson electronics??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts