GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm shopping for headsets for my wing. J&m makes several different ones that will work. How do I go about choosing the right one? The prices are close to each other so thats not an issue. I just don't know how to go about picking the right one.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Well John you have to decide what you want them for. Do you intend on using htem to listem to Music ? Or as I do just for communication with the passenger or CB use. I use my 4 speakers for the radio etc and only use the heasets for communication. You really do not need high quality headsets for talking etc. J&M builds a quality set so they would be a good choice for all around use. Maybe stay on the lower end, if your only going for communication. :yes2:

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
John - Why not use the J&M Modular headsets?

They work well, and are long lasting. The part
I like best is I can change the helmet style from
a flip front to an open face, and only have to
replace the mic, not the whole headset. And,
if one part give up, just get that part. And, the
J&M support is real good. Their sales department
is not so hot, but the repair boys are great.

·
Registered
224 Posts
$119 dollar J&M

I just bought the $119 dollar set from J&M. The lower cord for the 1800 was $17 dollars. The "only" difference between this set and the $197 dollar Elite set ($40 for the lower cord) is the speakers. It has the same new Aero Mic III noise cancelling mic that the Elite set does. With the exception of the ear speakers, this set is also modular which is great. The mic, lower and upper cords are plug and play.

I use them for CB/Int/music and they don't sound bad to me. But that's just my opinion.

Regards,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts