GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i turn the i-com on the wind noise is terrible i have j-m headsets.I have the plastic covers . any suggestions.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Wind noise

Have you attempted to adjust the "mute" level control using the radio controls? I had excessive wind noise issues and by adjusting this control it did help somewhat.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Anything over a volume of 10 on the intercom has too much wind noise unless we are wearing ear plugs. Try it at 9 and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Anything over a volume of 10 on the intercom has too much wind noise unless we are wearing ear plugs. Try it at 9 and see what happens.
Higher headset volume definitely will increase the wind noise, but increasing the MUTE volume will decrease the wind noise as well. Depress the volume control button until MUTE is displayed, twice I believe, and adjust to satisfaction..may have to experiment a little till satisfied...

·
Registered
119 Posts
When i turn the i-com on the wind noise is terrible i have j-m headsets.I have the plastic covers . any suggestions.
Might want to consider a set of mic mutes. Money well spent.

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
Higher headset volume definitely will increase the wind noise, but increasing the MUTE volume will decrease the wind noise as well. Depress the volume control button until MUTE is displayed, twice I believe, and adjust to satisfaction..may have to experiment a little till satisfied...
The mute level adjustment has nothing to do with wind noise, and won't affect it one bit. That is merely a sensitivity adjustment that mutes music sources such as FM and Aux, basically everything except for the microphone.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
The mute level adjustment has nothing to do with wind noise, and won't affect it one bit. That is merely a sensitivity adjustment that mutes music sources such as FM and Aux, basically everything except for the microphone.
Larry, I'm glad you clarified that, the other comments about the mute sensitivity lowering the wind noise were beginning to annoy me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Headset noise

Larry, I'm glad you clarified that, the other comments about the mute sensitivity lowering the wind noise were beginning to annoy me.
My trike is a 2008 I HAVE TRIED THE MIC MUTES that didn't work and i have tried to raise and lower the mute button when i lower it so i can stand it she says she can't hear me.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Tie a balloon around the mikes. It deadens the wind noise but doesn't effect conversation. Also check the fit on the wife's helmet. If real loose around the neck on a full face that will increase noise. Mic mutes do work as you can turn off the mikes between conversation but the IC is still on

·
Registered
73 Posts
Tie a balloon around the mikes. It deadens the wind noise but doesn't effect conversation.
I have a few questions about this.

How much string should be on each balloon?
Should I put air or helium in the balloons?
Does it matter how big each balloon is?
HOW DOES THIS WORK, I think I might look pretty stupid doing this?

Refuse to add emoticon, but I'm joking people.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts