GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some feedback on headsets. Planning on buying some.

·
Registered
50 Posts
HEADSET

first ones i bought were hjc chatter box low cost somewhat tinny.bought second set air rider system awsome system music quality is top notch.i like music so the air ride system is for me.chatter box will get the job done but you can go up from there.you get what you pay for.good luck to you.
kevin

·
Vendor
21,871 Posts
I suggest you look at EdSets.

http://www.bluzplayer.netfirms.com/EdSets/index.htm

Ed uses high quality speakers and mics and the extension cords are included. They are comparable in quality to the top of the line J&M and Air Riders (if not better) for a lot less money.

·
Chard Member
12,961 Posts
J&M has a set of econo headsets for $75 complete. If I was in your shoes, that is what I would buy. They are functional and will give you a chance to decide what you want and need in the future.

J&M is a excellent company to work with. They stand behind their products.

You will get as many opinions on which one is best as there is companies that sells headsets!

http://www.sierra-mc.com/product.php?id=34

·
Registered
113 Posts
The speakers on the J&M headsets suck! I replaced mine with Radio Shack titanium speakers. What a difference.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Had J&M for years.....Needed some new ones for flip front helmet....Called .....non 800 #.....made arrangements to pick up new ones at Americade. Went to pick them up and the fellow running the booth told me they had no such thing !! Went down the row to Air Rider.....They installed a set for less $ and over a year later when something internally broke, they replaced the broken headset..........Better quality...Better sound and a whole lot better customer service.....Seems they all know what is going on at Air Rider....JMHO...joy

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a basement full of J&M headsets. ( 5 really but seems like a basement full. ) But when I called them wanting to buy a helmet the guy told me that I couldn't buy the helmet without buying another headset. Imagine that. Wonder why they advertise helmets if they ain't gonna sell them. This was the J&M Website. Not the Sierra website Red from Clearwater recommended. I've had good luck with the J&M but may try something else after them giving me the brushoff trying to buy a helmet, if I ever need another headset. Also I had horrible luck with the Chatterbox headset as did my brother. I will steer everyone away from them. They don't hold up. Neither headset lasted more than six months, Where as some of my J&M's are almost 10 years old with no problems. GOOD LUCK with whatever you buy. John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts