GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have another source for heal rests? I like these Ergopegs from Ergomot, but they are very expensive and out of stock. Suggestions? Alternatives? Couldn't I make something with big old bolts from Lowes?

Attachments

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Anybody have another source for heal rests? I like these Ergopegs from Ergomot, but they are very expensive and out of stock. Suggestions? Alternatives? Couldn't I make something with big old bolts from Lowes?
We will be distributing those and there will be no other sources of them as they have a PAT Pending on the adjustable version, we are working with Ergomot to see if we can get the price down a little more.

That said easy to make at home if you can get the plates cutout no need to slot them if you can decide where you want the peg then its just drill a hole and as you say use big bolts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, so BikeMP3. I'll keep checking in. Thanks.

Please work with your supplier for a more affordable option. All I need is a place to hook my heel so I can turn my toes out and look into the turns easier. For me, having a comfortable alternative foot position is secondary.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My foot rest.

This may work for you. 100_9348.jpg 100_9349.jpg
Okay, so BikeMP3. I'll keep checking in. Thanks.

Please work with your supplier for a more affordable option. All I need is a place to hook my heel so I can turn my toes out and look into the turns easier. For me, having a comfortable alternative foot position is secondary.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I just rest my heels on the passenger floorboards for a change of position on longer rides.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I've never had tired heels. :shrug:

·
Registered
6,012 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
These are fairly easy to make with a piece of scrap aluminum from an old sign and a 5/16 bolt. The original screws were used to hold it in place. The aluminum is only 1/8" thick and works fine. I kept the bolt short to prevent hitting my legs on them when backing up. The round part helps if my leg does hit them. The bolts were intended to eventually be replaced with hinged pegs.
gl1800 heal rest.jpg

·
Registered
5,259 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NAHEES!

And WHY would we want these?

An extra place to put our feet. The heel rest could let folks move their feet back and still feel very solid--without tiring the ankle muscles.

I want to "hang" my heel back there and put the ball of my foot on the outside tip of the foot peg. When I turn my foot and leg out (not trying I get a knee down or anything), I find it much easier to turn my upper body and see into the turns. I can see better and relax more, both good things.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts