GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a post somewhere the other day on this subjuect but can't find it now. Anyway I have my new CIC digital hearing aids and don't have any feedback from the J&M headsets but cannot seem to understand CB traffic in the helmet and at highway speeds cannot hear the music from my FM radio over the outside speakers. I can hear tones from the music but no tunes. If I didn'tknow the radio was on I probably couldn't identify the soundsas being music. I could hear the radio just fine before I got my hearing aids, but couldn't understand what people were saying in person or on TV. I have a new Aria helmet with the new J&M headset but the speakers aren't centered over my ear but high and to the rear of my ear canal, plus they could stand to be closer to the ear which would help drastically but the way the ear cups are formed in the helmet it won't allow the speaker to move to the proper place over the ear.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
My wife always complined about too much background noise etc. It
would take over anything playing. She does not even wear hers now while on the wing.

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
Sounds like the analog to digital to analog converter in the hearing instruments is being "fooled". I recently posted here or somewhere about my experiment with a set of analog post aural hearing aids on the Wing. I used the telephone induction pick-up of the aids to feed the audio to my ears through foam ear plugs. Worked great until I started the engina dn then the alternator and high energy ignition swamped the hearing aids. Your CIC's have no induction and no direct audio input, but it is possible for electromagnetic induction from the headsets to be phase canceling part of the bit data your ada converter. No cure to offer. Perhpas an analog hearing aid would serve better and a linear class D amplifier at that so that the aid does not saturate too quickly in busy places --- IF your loudness tolerance will permit such and if your loss is not NIHL. Ask your Audiologist about the latter two aspects.

prs

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
Sounds like the analog to digital to analog converter in the hearing instruments is being "fooled". I recently posted here or somewhere about my experiment with a set of analog post aural hearing aids on the Wing. I used the telephone induction pick-up of the aids to feed the audio to my ears through foam ear plugs. Worked great until I started the engina dn then the alternator and high energy ignition swamped the hearing aids. Your CIC's have no induction and no direct audio input, but it is possible for electromagnetic induction from the headsets to be phase canceling part of the bit data your ada converter. No cure to offer. Perhpas an analog hearing aid would serve better and a linear class D amplifier at that so that the aid does not saturate too quickly in busy places --- IF your loudness tolerance will permit such and if your loss is not NIHL. Ask your Audiologist about the latter two aspects.

prs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts