GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone comment about Heat Troller electric jacket liners verses Gerblings. I noticed that Heat Troller is slightly higher wattage and covers the lower back slightly better.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Have a friend that got the Heattroller jacket for his wife. After two tries with the order - one wrong size, other quit working - he wound up with all Gerbing except for the controller. I have heattroller controllers - 4 of them - and really like their controllers Have not had one fail in 6 years. But I have Gerbing electrics, and will stay with them.

In fairness, his first heattroller jacket was when they just started selling them, and maybe the bugs in the system were not worked out yet. I think they are made in the far east, and I saw the tag said 'small' but it was loose on him, and he weighs about 240. Hate to see a large..... the second one just quit working in a month. But the tag said 'womens small', and it was.....

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have the Warm-N-Safe liner, and I love it. No experience with the Gerbings, tho my wife has a set of Union Ridge that she has yet to road-test. Hopefully I can get on the back seat sometime this fall, and let her tell me how comfy she is!

·
Registered
21,133 Posts
all i can say is i sure don't need anymore watts in my Gerbings jacket linner

i usually have my heat troller set as low as it goes and am perfectly comfortable, on some really long cold rides i have moved the setting close to half way but thats plenty for me, i would b worried that more watts might cause hot spot problems

·
Registered
9,099 Posts

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i had two problems with heat troller controls

and ended up tossing the last one in the trash

i have zero confidence in their products

i have a gerbings complete setup, and it works just fine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts