GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, one of the best things about living in TX is the ability to ride practically year-round and in general I love the heat...but with multiiple 100+ deg days already from border to border and we're still weeks away from summer we're gonna need nomex laced tires just to get outta the state...geez it's gonna be a long summer...

·
Registered
246 Posts
I locked a high of 101.7 yesterday in MN. What is august going to be like.:coolit:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Thats scary when its hotter in MN than in TX. And it ain't a "dry heat"

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I locked a high of 101.7 yesterday in MN. What is august going to be like.:coolit:
Yeah, saw that on the weather channel - and if I'm not mistaken y'all are w/o the benefit of A/C a lot of times!!

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Was up on Blue Ridge Parkway riding tue temps were from 66 to mid 70s:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Rode 753 miles this past weekend. Temps were in high 90's and reached 101 on Satuerday.

I am wearing a Hyper Kewl Vest (soak it in water) then I have a mesh jacket that goes over the kewl vest and I stay comfortable for three or more hours. Long enough to go from gas station to the next fill up. Then I soak the vest again.

I do not look like a Bad A** biker in the jacket, but I am cool. At 72, the heat really gets to me. Now I can ride all summer in comfort.

·
Registered
246 Posts
TX is a trip I'm trying to talk my wife into. So far I'm not wining.:cry:

·
Registered
246 Posts
It loves to change on us. Need to be ready for anything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts