GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has the best prices and what brand is the best for the buck? Ken L.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I have had Gerbings for a long time ... just purchased the Powerlet heated liner and gloves. I really like the wireless heat controller that I velcroed to the top of the clutch reservoir. Not cheap though.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Just bought a set for my wife. I bought Tourmaster Sunergy 2 from Chaparral chap liner and vest controls and all wiring for $270 to my door. We will see how well in works in a few weeks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just purchased

Exo vest- it got warm when I tested it but then the weather warmed up so no rides with it yet. It is supposed to use little current and has heat in many areas unlike some which only heat lower back. Check exo2theheatinside.com.
Len

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
Been using the same Gerbing jacket for last 12 years and it still keeping me snug as a bug in a rug. If it ever quits then I will not have to think very long about what I will replace it with.

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
I've had warm and safe for about 5 years. No problems. Regarding all heated gear....it is great not having to dress in 5 layers to stay warm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
8,617 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
We have used our tourmaster syngery vest since 2007 and they work flawlessly. My wife uses hers at anything below 60deg and we get that lot in the mornings even in the summer around the coast. I bet her's is used more than most and its held up very well.

·
Registered
8,617 Posts
Hey Coop,
Is "W&S" suppose to be "WingStuff"?
thecruiser

·
Registered
21,515 Posts
Hey Coop,
Is "W&S" suppose to be "WingStuff"?
thecruiser
nope not wingstuff, W&S stands for the brand Warm and Safe

the original maker of Gerbings heated clothing (Gordon Gerbing) is back in business under a new name www.gordonsheated.com
and he still has the only lifetime warranty in the heated clothing business. my original Gerbing jacket liner is 20 years old and works perfect, if I was buying a new liner it would be from www.gordonsheated.com the new Gordons gear is made in the USA just like it was years ago before his son took over the business and wound up loosing it.

·
Registered
8,617 Posts
nope not wingstuff, W&S stands for the brand Warm and Safe

the original maker of Gerbings heated clothing (Gordon Gerbing) is back in business under a new name www.gordonsheated.com
and he still has the only lifetime warranty in the heated clothing business. my original Gerbing jacket liner is 20 years old and works perfect, if I was buying a new liner it would be from www.gordonsheated.com the new Gordons gear is made in the USA just like it was years ago before his son took over the business and wound up loosing it.
Yes but unfortunately looks like he's only making jacket liners (which I already have), gloves (which I don't want) and a controller. (which I have)
What I'd like next is pants liner.

·
Registered
21,515 Posts
Yes but unfortunately looks like he's only making jacket liners (which I already have), gloves (which I don't want) and a controller. (which I have)
I suppose they will eventually start making pant liners but that's not much help for you rite now

·
Registered
8,617 Posts
I suppose they will eventually start making pant liners but that's not much help for you rite now
He may start making them before I can afford to buy a different brand.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
The same day I learned that the ambient temp reader only goes down to 18 degrees F was the day I learned that I needed heated gloves even with grip heaters.

·
Registered
466 Posts
off brand heated gear

I must have an off brand or discontinued heated gear, because I have never seen or heard anybody else mention this brand. I have a jacket liner and gloves that are Venture brand. I bought them at my local Honda dealer 3 years ago and they have served me well. I bought the jacket liner and gloves for about the same price as a name brand jacket liner alone. The controller is built in the jacket liner and the gloves plug in the sleeves, The gloves also have the controller built in each glove.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.