GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have heated gear on your 2018 tours or newer, where do you run your wires? Where do you store them when not in use?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Under the seat. The pig tail sticks up between the seat and the "tank", and if I feel like it during the summer, I.put it under the seat.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Reactions: its just rain

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Under the seat. The pig tail sticks up between the seat and the "tank", and if I feel like it during the summer, I.put it under the seat.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
From the battery, along side the left side cover and out up front.

I did both.... Dual controller. I think I will want separated chaps and coat on this bike because of less control on where the cold wind may go and allow a little more heat on the individual items. The controller is "dual lock" stuck to the blank "no parking brake" cover. The wire is coming out from under the shelter and up to the controller, knobs up. I did have to extend the wires a bit to make it all reach.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The controller is "dual lock" stuck to the blank "no parking brake" cover. The wire is coming out from under the shelter and up to the controller, knobs up. I did have to extend the wires a bit to make it all reach.
Keep in mind that the blank "no parking brake" cover is actually the access panel to adjust the reverse cable play for the manual transmission model. Remove the panel and one can tighten up the reverse actuator cable without having to remove the top shelter. My reverse cable needed tightening and I was happy to easily do it there as opposed to having to remove lots of plastic and take off the top shelter. :wink2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts